Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Multiple Camera Modes

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Stephngeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all. I have just bought Four Arlo Cameras and want to install them inside and out. I love the idea of geofencing, and would like to geofence the inside cameras and keep the outside ones always armed. I've read through the instructions and also tested a few different modes but can't seem to make it work. Can someone please let me know if this is possible. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stephngeorge,

It sounds like the settings below are what you are looking for:

Geofencing settings:

"Home" - custom mode (no rules for inside cameras, motion detection rules for outside cameras)

"Away" - Armed

I hope this helps,

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Stephngeorge wrote:

Hi all. I have just bought Four Arlo Cameras and want to install them inside and out. I love the idea of geofencing, and would like to geofence the inside cameras and keep the outside ones always armed. I've read through the instructions and also tested a few different modes but can't seem to make it work. Can someone please let me know if this is possible. Thank you 

You will have to make one or two new modes to split the inside from outside cameras and then use the Geo zone function

( remember noly 1 mode can run at a time and any camera NOT in the current mode will be off.)

this may help; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-to-assign-different-acti...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stephngeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I can play around with the modes, but Im not sure I will end up with what I want. I have three cameras outside that I always want on, and two cameras inside that I want to geofence so they turn off when I am at home. Will this end up with two modes (which will mean only one mode at a time) or is there another way to do it. Cheers 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stephngeorge,

It sounds like the settings below are what you are looking for:

Geofencing settings:

"Home" - custom mode (no rules for inside cameras, motion detection rules for outside cameras)

"Away" - Armed

I hope this helps,

JamesC

Stephngeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. I think I may have worked it out. Now to buy more cameras 🙂

Lilu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I suppose I have to keep swapping modes constantly when I leave for work. That's a little annoying and I'm surprised it's not possible to add a schedule to the individual cameras. I would like the outside cameras on motion sensor all day and the indoor cameras on a schedule. Hopefully they will add that option soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lilu,

You can currently do this by setting up custom modes within your schedule. Create a mode that includes only rules for the outside cameras and schedule it for daytime hours that you do not want the indoor cameras active. Schedule all other times as "Armed".

You can then use your "Away" mode within Geofencing as "Armed" and your "Home" mode as "Schedule".

JamesC

Lilu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. I guess I need to sit down and dive into it. I have not seen how to make the custom modes run on the schedule. I will keep trying! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Modes are simply assigned time slots in the schedule.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation