Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
BigPapaCharles
Follower
Follower
Had to reset my iPhone the other day and now both the old iPhone and new iPhone is in the selection screen when dealing with geofencing. Is there a way to delete that device from the list?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the Mode tab, select your system, and edit the geofencing mode.  Use the Enabled Devices section to add or delete devices.  Have to do all this on a mobile device - the web won't work.

dawiz
Initiate
Initiate

There doesn't seem to be an option to remove devices. The problem is that both my wife and I have the same phones, both are listed under the same name, so I don't know which one to enable. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with iOS devices but there should be someplace in the phone settings to change the device name. In any event, you click on a name to give it a checkmark or again to take the checkmark away. No need to remove - I'd just click on one and test. If it's the wrong line, uncheck it and select the other.

Absconditus
Initiate
Initiate

That's honestly not a solution. Over time, with multiple users switching phones, this list may grow to be ridiculously convoluted, more so if it is the same devices being replaced with the same device models, e.g., if something breaks, are lost, get stolen, etc. — It is honestly a massive oversight to not let us users have control over what goes into that list. Lazy development and poor thought in usability if you ask me.

alanyeni
Initiate
Initiate
I also have the same issue, the list getting longer and longer, a delete function need to be added. The Arlo support was not dedicated to solve or improve user experience and just blame what the app can or can't do.
Remlam
Star
Star
Same problem here. Please fix this. It is ridiculous that netgear rolls stuff out clearly without any testing. My list is at about 10 devices now and I only have 2 that connect.

I wait for updates of the app but the NEVER address any of the problems with geofencing that myself and many many users complain about regularities. It is quite honestly ridiculous slap to the face. We are identifying your problems and your R&D dept still doesn't fix them. I have been complaining about geofencing not working properly for about 8 months. Currently geofencing picks up my devices for the HUB but my Arlo Q shows the same devices as "UNAVAILABLE". I have tried everything under the sun to get my devices to show for the Q and nothing. This is ridiculous. Same freaking app can't register the same location status for the two installed devices?? What the hell Netgear. Get your **bleep** together.
Dgailey
Initiate
Initiate
Need help arlo. A way to delete unwanted devices from the list of mobile devices. Thanks!
nrbabu
Aspirant
Aspirant
This worked perfect !! 👍🏻
KikBxr1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

What worked perfectly?

nrbabu wrote:
This worked perfect !! 👍🏻

Howard99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't make the geofence work properly.

And I can't remove unwanted addresses from the list of devices.

Have you figured this out?

I can't get sensible help from Arlo.

Howard

nrbabu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was talking about the geo-fencing feature itself. It worked for me well though it is in beta mode.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation