Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ptstenchion1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have sent an invite to my wife and she has accepted and downloaded the app, and created her account. I granted access rights in the invite. Her app does not show MODE. As we bought this system with both of us coming and going from home (not always together) in mind, this is less than satisfactory. Any solution or will it only ever be me that can ARM/DISARM?
6 REPLIES 6
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Have you given your wife access to your cameras?

In “Settings“ go to “Grant Access“, tap/click on your wife's name and make sure all your cameras have a checkmark next to them.
ptstenchion1
Aspirant
Aspirant
She has camera access. My question is whether I am able to give her access to MODES so she xan ARM/ DISARM as well as I can.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Yes, by default friends have access to the modes page and can select them.

There is an option under Grant Access in the Settings to give friends additional access rights which even allow them to create and edit modes (among other things).
spanman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Schorschi wrote:
Yes, by default friends have access to the modes page and can select them....There is an option under Grant Access in the Settings to give friends additional access rights which even allow them to create and edit modes (among other things).

When a Friend is granted any and all available admin rights, is there anything he/she can't do that the primary account holder can do? In other words, what's the best way to share access and management with a roommate/spouse?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a number of things that a guest account with admin privileges can't do, especially in Settings. What in particular are you concerned with? You can test it yourself by giving your own second d email address guest privileges.

spanman
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

....You can test it yourself by giving your own second email address guest privileges.

Great suggestion, thanks! I'll give that a try. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation