Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
serghe
Guide
Guide

Hi,

So here is my problem: every time I log in web or app one camera sense movement and starts recording at least 3 movies. I tried adjusting the movement sensor 0 and 100- same thing every time. I know I saw this topic around here but I haven't found a solution yet. 

Maybe somebody else managed to fix this somehow.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that there is a solution.  Contact support using the Support link above to get specific help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

serghe,

Are you sure there is no movement/motion triggering the camera as you log in? If so, consider a base station and phone reboot. Allow the base station to come back online and test again.

JamesC

serghe
Guide
Guide

Tried already. Useless as I expected

serghe
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

I'm sure that nothing is moving. It's the login that activates the recording, yesterday is was only one camera now 4 out of 5 activate when I log in. See the screenshot, look at the times and you'll understand. Sometimes just one camera activates and records multiple videos, sometimes 2 and sometimes even 4 cameras. I have tried resetting, rebooting, re-syncing camera, deleting rules, motion sensors adjustment...it seems like a software problem to me. Otherwise the cameras work when they're supposed to, but this thing drives me crazy and pretty sure it will kill the bateries in a couple of weeks.

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 2.47.24 PM.png

vint83
Guide
Guide

I had this problem for months.

see https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/False-triggers-after-loging-in/m-p/1060696/hi...

After chatting with customer support they decided to replace one of my cameras. Now its fine.

But I feel like it wasn't hardware issue. Something in SW. May be because I re-named that cam few times.

@serghe Just wondering (to explore my theory) have you renamed you camera by any chance? (e.g. from Kitchen to Backyard)

serghe
Guide
Guide

It starts to make sense now, so I have problems with 2 cameras, one records 3 videos every time I log in, or after it detect movement (I renamed this camera twice) and one records one video at login from time to time (this one was renamed just once). It looks like a pattern to me, but what's the fix then?

vint83
Guide
Guide

There is no actual fix. 

What you can try is to Unlink base station and cameras from you current account. Reset base station (hold reset putton for 10 sec). Then create brand new account with completely new email address etc.

And link your devices to that new account. 

OR

Just chat with Customer Support. And ask for camera replacement.

In my case I didn't want to create new account. During chat Customer Support Representattive asked me to temporarily give him my account access (put temporary password) and he logged in and observed the issue.

After some negotiations he offered me camera replacement (what sucks you have to pay shipping).

My new camera works fine. But I havent tried re-naming it:) And don't want to:)

Good luck! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

serghe,

I agree with vint83. Contacting support would be the best route to take, I am not able to replicate the issue you describe by renaming the cameras.

Feel free to private message me your support case number after it is provided and I will follow your case and offer any additional feedback that I can.

You can find several support options by clicking the following link: Arlo Support Team 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation