Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email Alerts/Video Recordings - Not Getting, or Getting Very Late

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Kulpfarm
Follower
Follower

The extended delay (>10min) of any type of notifications defeats the purpose of having the system .

how can this be resolved and detected

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pushes occur at the start of trigger event and Emails occur at the end of the trigger event

So if you can use Pushes ( ios/android ) they are faster.. As to the email delays much of that is based on the email servers and how that flows thru the system...there is little user adjustment just like getting any email

The only user adjustment for emails is how often your server setting checks for new mail... Many default at checking every ten mins but in most mail programs you can change this to as low as one mins.... do this if possible ( this is in the setup of the email account , not Arlo prgm/app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KLM111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

"Pushes occur at the start of trigger event and...."

Tom:

this happens most of the times.....however I do experience rather lengthy occasional delays with push notifications. Some can be 15+ minutes! Trigger activates, recording starts and completes, video is sitting in library, then (about 16 minutes later) push notification arrives. Just noticed it last couple of days.

On android app.

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

How often are you seeing this? I have tested this and do not see any delay receiving push notifications. As soon as motion is detected, a push notification is received.

Are there any consistencies with this issue? (time of day, only when multiple cameras trigger, etc.)

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC:

It started a few days ago (at least that's when I first noticed it). Got a few (3-4) recordings show up in library for which I hadn't seen any push notifications. It seemed odd, double-checked my modes/rules and couldn't see anything changed there. For the most part of triggered recordings, notifications were pushed normally.

Things seem to work ok now, so I don't know if it had had anything to do with other problems with email notifications they were working on?

Thanks.

Paul

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation