Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
raam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set up seperate commands for each camera? Meaning I would like the camera in the Garage to always be on and monitoring motion to record. But the one in my main room, I want it to only record motion when it is armed. Is this possible to do? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

raam wrote:

Is there a way to set up seperate commands for each camera? Meaning I would like the camera in the Garage to always be on and monitoring motion to record. But the one in my main room, I want it to only record motion when it is armed. Is this possible to do? Thank you

Yes... you need to create two custom Modes

One with Both cameras  ( or you already have a Default for all on ; ARMED, if only 2 cameras )

And the Second Mode with the Garage camera only

Run #1 when you want the main room on ( and so will be the garage be on too )

Run #2 when you don't need the main room

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
raam
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what I actually have is 6 camera's...there are 2 I want to record motion all the time, and the other 4 to only record when Armed or on a Schedule... so in this case, I would i do this? I really appriciate your help with this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

raam wrote:

So what I actually have is 6 camera's...there are 2 I want to record motion all the time, and the other 4 to only record when Armed or on a Schedule... so in this case, I would i do this? I really appriciate your help with this.

As mentioned, make a two Custom modes ( call them sometihing so you know what they do like ;  Inside / Outside

#1 with 2 cameras that are on all the time

#2 with the other 4 cams

You already have ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

Use Mode 1 manually  to arm the 2 cameras as you want them on all the time ( just leave armed )

Use Mode 2 manually or via schedule when you want the 4 cams armed ( this will shut off mode 1 )

Use ARMED manually or shedule when you want all your cameras armed

tips;

Only ONE mode can run at a time

Any cam NOT in the active mode will be off

when you first create a new custom mode you add ONE camera and save it, to add the 2nd,3rd... go back and edit the same mode following the same steps.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation