Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChrisLuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I purchased the (Arlo Security System - 2 Wire-Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3230) and received it on Friday (10-15-2016). I got everything setup and was happy. I really guess I sould have done more research because I discovered the Arlo Pro and all the features it now has to offer.

Now, should I send back the current model and pick up the new Pro? Two major features I really want is being able to add a portable drive to make storage local and also rechargeable batteries! The current Base Station has two USB ports on the back and I am wondering if they are ever going to be able to use external drives with those USB ports in the future? 

What do you think is the better route, wait for future updates or return the current and get the new model?

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisLuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, after some thought I have decided to wait until the new Base Stations are available and I am going to buy that instead of sending everything back and starting over. It would be WONDERFUL if Netgear had some type of Exchange/Trade In program if you are just buying the new Base Station. I want the new Base for local recording. 

As for battery life on the cameras, I am just going to use the rechargeable batteries.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, after some thought I have decided to wait until the new Base Stations are available and I am going to buy that instead of sending everything back and starting over. It would be WONDERFUL if Netgear had some type of Exchange/Trade In program if you are just buying the new Base Station. I want the new Base for local recording. 

As for battery life on the cameras, I am just going to use the rechargeable batteries.

Chris

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember that the regular Arlo system cameras are fully compatable with the new base unit so in the future if you decide, you can easily update the system ( and the new PRO base will be offered by itself )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ChrisLuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

Do you know when the new BaseStation is going to be available and how much will it run?

Thanks,

Chris

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Soon...maybe... I hope... don't really know

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes