Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delete User Accounts

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rick
Tutor
Tutor

Hope someone can help me with this.

I am currently deployed overseas and I had a neighbor help my wife install the system, due to a recent break in at our house.  I just found out that my neighbor still has access to our account and is able to view the camera feed and videos.  How do I get him deleted from the account completely?  Sure, I can ask him to delete the app and not to view our account, but how can I ensure that he can not view our account ever?  I really appreciated his assistance in helping get this system set up, but now it feels a little strange that he is still viewing our account and videos.  Thanks for the help!

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rick,

May I ask if you are using an iOS app or Android?

Please also see if you get the same result using a web browser.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Rick
Tutor
Tutor

My neighbor used his iOS iPhone to hook up the system.  If I change our login passowrd that should fix it so he can't log in through any device, right?

My family all uses iOS devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing the password would certainly work.  Also, is he the main user or a friend (in Arlo-speak)?  If a friend, that can be deleted by going to Settings, Account Settings and Friends.  Select the friend and click on the delete button.

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Rick,

You sould be using the main account and be able to see the options for Friends. See image below.

arlo3.jpg

Tapping on Friends will show you list of accepted friends and tapping the friend's account name will give you option to delete. If you do not have this option, you must using an account that has been added as a friend. If your neighbor is using the main account and you know the password, change the password.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Rick,

To answer your question, the answer is yes. Changing your password will deny your neighbor in accessing your cameras and recordings. Access your account through https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login and go to settings and personal information then change or create your new password.

Change Password.png

Just reply to this post if you have other question.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

Sansaneemartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I use iso

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation