Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection is still horrible.....

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I had some time to move my camera around to see if I could possibly improve motion dectection......  waste of time !!!!!

-  Fed Ex guys walks from accross the steet all the way to my front door undetected, rings the door bell, Alro finally starts recording as he starts walking back down the drive way.  EPIC FAIL.

5 REPLIES 5
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Motion detection caught by my Door Bell during the same event.....

advanced
Tutor
Tutor
Ugh, drives me crazy too. Friend stopped by and came all the way inside when motion had finally kicked in. Camera is pointed pretty straight though. Will try adding more angle. Weird cause my $9 motion sensing flood lights work flawless at all angles. Hope this can be improved with software somehow. Is this permanent Arlo?
ronnedith
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have the same issue...I wonder when would it be fixed? Can someone from Arlo reply?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ronnedith,

When a camera is not recording motion it is in a sleep state to conserve battery life. When motion is detected the camera will then wake up and start recording. The wake up time is somewhat dependent on the positioning and conditions in which the camera is placed. For best performance it is advised that you adhere to the positioning techniques described in the following article: How do I place my Arlo camera? Due to the many variables involved in a specific users environment some degree of trial and error may be required in order to find the best placement for a particular camera.

JamesC

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I followed the the recommended positioning of the cameras to the tee:  Tried 7 different locations, different heights, different angles, unmounted, remounted, inverted, 2nd camera motion trip, sensitivity this, sensivity that. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I will say this agian:  A $5.00 floodlight with a motion detector from Walmart deos better job at picking up motion compared to Arlo.  THAT IS A FACT .

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation