Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

I AM SICK AND TIRED  of the Arlo app for my android smartphone taking so long to give me the option to arm the unit.

When I am leaving the house I want to arm the unit quickly and often the app locks into spinning round and round while I wait and wait for the option to arm the unit. 

Then I have the same problem disarming the unit when I get home.

This happens about 50 - 60 percent of the time and it's driving me nuts. I have to restrain my desire to take the smartphone and smash it against the floor!!!

Please do something to fix this annoying problem

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

I uninstalled and reinstalled the android Arlo App. So far it seems the problem is solved. However, sometimes it always worked fine. It seems to deliberately wait until I am in a rush to act up. If it still gives me trouble I'll reeboot the base station.

Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Elijah_Ariel,

Is this issue consistent regardless if you are on WiFi or mobile data?

A couple things to try, first consider rebooting the base station (providing you have not already). Allow the base station to come back online and try again.

You could also try a fresh install of the Arlo mobile app. Uninstall the app and download again from the App market.

JamesC

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, it happens regardless of wi-fi or mobile data. I have things set up to work with either or. I BELIEVE they are both actively recognized by the Arlo. Maybe I should check that as well.

How exactly do I reboot the base station?

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

I'm assuming this is correct

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-def...

How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?
Performing a factory reset returns your base station values to the default settings. It also removes the serial number from your Arlo account.
To perform a factory reset on your base station:
Use a pen or a straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for about 10 seconds.

When the base station reset completes, the LEDs on the front of the base station flash amber. When the LEDs stop flashing amber, your base station reboots. Resetting the base station also removes it from your Arlo account.

When the Power and Internet LEDs are both solid green, tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device and log in to your Arlo account.

You can also enter netgear.com in the address bar of a browser.

Click or tap New System Setup.

Follow the setup instructions.

If your wire-free cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras to the base station again. For more information, see How do I set up and sync my Arlo Wire-Free cameras?

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

I uninstalled and reinstalled the android Arlo App. So far it seems the problem is solved. However, sometimes it always worked fine. It seems to deliberately wait until I am in a rush to act up. If it still gives me trouble I'll reeboot the base station.

Thank you for your help

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

I JUST REALIZED that if I reboot the base station I will have to re-sync the wireless camera. I remember having a VERY DIFFICULT TIME with that process. I DON'T want to go through it again!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The previous message about "rebooting" was inaccurate and pointed you to resetting - a very different thing.

You can reboot any device by using its power switch or even by unplugging it.  The base can also be rebooted using the Restart button found in Settings, My Devices, your base station.

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

Did you really expect stupid me to know the difference when you initially made the suggestion?

Will I have to re-sync the wireless camera if I reboot the system?

BTW: SO FAR your suggestion of deleting and reinstalling the Arlo app is working!

Thanks!!!

Dinerve
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, rebooting the basestation does not require you to re-sync your cameras.

Elijah_Ariel
Star
Star

That's great to know as I had a bear of a time initially synching them.

I almost gave up

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation