How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or Base Station?

44 people found this helpful in last 30 days

How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or Base Station?

This article applies to:

This article is for the Arlo Secure App experience with Library. If you have the Arlo Secure App experience with Feed, please visit: How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or Base Station? - Arlo Secure 4.0

WARNING:

• Performing a factory reset returns your Arlo Base Station or SmartHub to its default settings.
  • After performing a reset, the Base Station or SmartHub must be removed and re-added to your Arlo account.
  • All devices paired to the Base Station or SmartHub must also be reset and re-added to your Arlo account.

To perform a factory reset on your Arlo Base Station or SmartHub: 

1. Use a pen or straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Base Station or SmartHub for about 10 seconds. 
  2. Release the Reset button. 
    After the reset is complete, the LED on the front of the Base Station flashes amber. When the LED stops flashing amber, your Base Station reboots.
  3. Remove the the Base Station or SmartHub from the account to prevent potential problems:
    • Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
    • Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select the device that you want to remove.
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap or click Remove Device.
    • Tap or click Yes to confirm you want to remove the device.
  4. Follow the steps below to re-add and set up your Base Station or SmartHub. 

To re-add and set up your Base Station or SmartHub: 

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.   
  2. On the Devices page, tap Add New Device.  
  3. Select Base Station/Hub. 
  4. Follow the prompts to reconnect your Base Station or SmartHub to your Arlo account.  
  5. Use the Arlo Secure App to add and set up the rest of your Arlo devices. 

Last Updated:11/29/2022 | Article ID: 1057976

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support