Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
747skys
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, so I've had my 4 camera system now for 2 weeks, and other than a pesky squirrel, has been working great! But now I have a new problem...seems that one camera is attracting curious wasps who keep setting off the motion sensor. Anyone have a similar situation and how did you solve it. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wasp spray? 😄

Hard to control the wildlife.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

747skys,

This will take some trial and error but adjusting the cameras sensitivity may help. For instructions on how sensitivity is adjusted, see here: How do I adjust motion and sound sensitivity?

JamesC

747skys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

If I reduce the sensitivity (now 80) it may not detect a person say 20 feet away, but the wasp is landing right on the front of the camera, and I would need to turn the sensitivity almost off then.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Happens to me too. Sometimes I have several triggers by hovering wasps per day, sometimes I have nothing for weeks.Though spring seems to be the more busy wasp season.

I'm not aware of a fix.

It's actually not such a bad thing, because it alerts me to check near a triggered camera on the house or under the roof overhang for wasps starting nests and I can kill them with spray before they succeed in building a nest.

I live in West Central Florida.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've gotten interesting videos of large bumblebees that are apparently interested in the camera at dusk so the camera switches to B&W.  Looks ghostly crazy - a white flying apparition bumping time and time again against the camera...