Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnswirt
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought and installed a 4 camera Arlo system which is running great but want to program it so that from 8 pm to 3 am if motion is detected, it will take a 30 second clip but then not record another clip for at least 15 minutes. Basically we want to see who our college age kids have over at our house and generally what is going on (we have a cabin where we are spending most of the summer) but don't need to have a bunch of clips and use up the batteries. Customer support said this was not possible but I'm seeing some discussions about "rules" suggesting it may be possible or there might be some other work around some has thought of. Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Johnswirt, 

The option to not record(on a specific period) after a capture is not possible as of the moment. The cameras will continue to record as long as there is motion. What I can recommend is to adjust the motion detection sensitivity so that it will not record a lot of videos and drain the batteries. You can find the instructions here. 

Let me know if you need more help. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Johnswirt,

You can personalize and make your own motion sensor schedule with your preferred time and date. Using this feature would extend and save battery life on your cameras. The steps on how to configure motion detection schedule can be found here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-set-an-Arlo-camera-schedule-using-the...

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like the setup for your mode needs to be put in a schedule every 15 or so mins... not a hard job.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation