Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cats (house pets) and Motion Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

If someone has a couple of common housecats, will they get a ton of notifications/recordings if they happen to lope around the house, or can sensitivity settings be adjusted to only include large living things over 50 pounds (w/apologies to a few huge Maine coons...)?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can adjust down the sense of the motion detect... and its easier to do indoors as opposed to outside with more variables.

If you temp mount a camera near where the pet always goes, like a food dish, set the sense down all the way and then slowly up till you get a response for motion... just back off a bit then. Try and keep it at a range you will use when used in the normal location.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestions Tom.  It sounds to me as if a little experimentation will go a long way.  Of course I'm just trying to avoid a bombardment of notifications. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Of course I'm just trying to avoid a bombardment of notifications. 

Don't forget , there is a motion TEST mode ( SETTINGS, Pick camera ) which will flash the led if motion is detected.

Also, you can temp turn off the emails ( just check the recordings )... at least till you get closer to where it has to be set.

Morse is faster than texting!
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks.  I love socking this information away until my cameras arrive (next week)!  "Test" mode -- gotcha.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation