Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
shdewan2000
Follower
Follower

Is there any way to keep the camera recording the video as long as there is motion or does it have to have intervals of recording like 10s, etc.

3 REPLIES 3
bpg710
Guide
Guide

No, unfortunately at this time Arlo can only record in the time intervals you set. If after the time interval the camera still detects motion it will trigger another recording but there is a delay. It would be nice if netgear would allow the system to record throughout the entire duration.

fabiosemeghini
Aspirant
Aspirant

i think that continuos recording in case of motion detetection, is the solution to make this product a "must have".

until that , it's only a kid toy. without this feature, i think i will remove my arlo system. 

netgear consider to put more recording option like this because this system is a potentially good security system but is still unripe

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How would you propose that a battery-operated system be able to stream all the time, even if it's just while motion continues?  That's the purpose of the time limits imposed.  Sure, longer times could be added but then there would be more complaints of poor battery life.  Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation