Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor

Ever since the app update, the option to delete videos is gone. Also, I am not notified when motion is set off. I have reinstalled the app to no avail. The old app worked fine.

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickviking,

To delete a video, select the desired video in the library and you will then be prompted with options at the bottom of the screen. One of these options is to delete the video. What is keeping you from deleting videos?

In the update, push notifications were changed to be per camera. Navigate to Mode > click the pencil for your active mode > click edit for the desired rule > make sure notifications are enabled. Do this for each camera you want to send notifications.

JamesC

TexasSwede
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue. The trash can icon (to delete) is grayed out and nothing happens when I click it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TexasSwede,

Are you logging in from the primary account or are you accessing from a shared account using the grant access feature?

JamesC

Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor
I'm on a shared account with access. My wife has the primary and a delete on iphone6. My delete is unavailable on a galaxy note 3. She confirmed I should still have permission.
Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor
Also, there is no pencil icon when I go to mode as suggested. The app also seems to log me out and it froze and crashed earlier today while I tried to watch a video.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickviking,

Consider having her delete you from grant access and resend the invitation, include all desired cameras and be sure the "Allow access rights" toggle is also enabled.

JamesC

Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor
My wife deleted me and resent. The email I get from arlo is a link to create an account, which I already have. Now when I sign on to the app, I see no cameras. I have confirmed she regranted me access and the toggle is on. It says I am "pending" on her device. Please advise. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickviking,

You must click the "create an account" link. Sign in with your existing account from the page that it brings up and this will trigger the invite to go from "pending" to accepted. 

JamesC

Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor

I have done that 3 times. When you click "create account" it says I already have an account and directs me to sign in. However, upon doing that this morning, I now have cameras. Unfortunately, I still don't have access to delete old videos from the library, which was one of my original problems. I have not received a notification yet either, the other original issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickviking,

Upon sharing the cameras was "allow access rights" enabled along with the desired cameras?

JamesC

Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. This toggle IS enabled on the main account

Patrickviking
Tutor
Tutor

For whatever reason, my phone just blew up with a ton of passed notifications. I noticed the delete icon is ON for me on a desktop computer, but still not for the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd reinstall the app, just because. If that doesn't work, let us know.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickviking,

We are investigating an issue with deleting content on shared accounts via the android app. I will keep you posted.

JamesC

Wayne2
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. 

Not on a shared account, trash icon is grayed out both on website and on Arlo iPhone app.

This only started after app was updated the other day with the Geofencing addition.

Wayne2
Tutor
Tutor

Please disregard, I must have accidently marked the video as a favorite since it had a star showing in the lower left hand corner.  I clicked on the favorite/star icon along the bottom, the star disappeared and then I could delete the video.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation