Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
JR4361
Follower
Follower

If I am away from the house for a period of time, I will have the cameras on Motion Only. I have two questions.

1. When the cameras detect motion will they record for a specific length of time or continuously until the motion stops?

2. Can I turn the camers on for a few minutes remotely to view the house then turn them back to motion only?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1. When the cameras detect motion will they record for a specific length of time or continuously until the motion stops?

2. Can I turn the camers on for a few minutes remotely to view the house then turn them back to motion only?

Set motion and the cameras will record for the time set from 10 seconds to a max of 2 mins.... its a time factor more than motion.  If the camera sees motion again it will restart recording... tho I do get mutli notifications on my android device in the same record time as motion is detected.

Yes... you can set the MODE for motion detect, and then while in that mode sign in to view camera.  The camera drops out of motion detect while live viewing ( but you can manually start record mode ) and then when you sign out, it will auto go back to Motion detect mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
New2gear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I just purchased the 4 camera system and it doesn't seem to start recording again after the initial delayed start it stops at the designated time I chose and then nothing so I essentially see a person already at my door or in my driveway and then movement and then they are gone and I never saw what they did before leaving or them leaving at all. How do I fix this? Why doesn't the camera start to record for a second time with the continued movement??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's usually due to camera position/angle.  Movement should be across the field of view, not at the camera, and perhaps starting at an edge.  Many folks try to get too much scene visible - minimize it to the actual area of interest.  Posting a screenshot would be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation