Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera motion want activate

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is going on? I have had my Arlo system since November with no real problems till now. On the computer, smartphone app or tablet the following makes no difference. I can go to to arm both cameras like I allows did. Open the computer web page and the cameras is the default. Pick modes and disarm is showing top left of screen. Pick disarm and list of modes appears on right of page with disarm still top left. Pick the armed button from the list and it turns green like it should and the disarm top left changes to armed. So far so good. Pick camera again and both cameras come up but the little motion icon is not lit up on ether one. The battery is full as is the connection icon and if you pick live you get a live feed. I can go back into the mode menu and pick mode motion on Camera alpha only or mode motion on camera bata only and the icon on the respective camera motion will light up. If I go into the armed all motion on and try to edit it, it want let me do anything. On the app it has a delete option but want let me do it. As it is now I have no way to arm both cameras at once and we want even get into the schedule mode. There is not a all motion off option there any more. I have a feeling if I get the all motion on problem fixed it make take care of schedule. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got hosed...yep I understand that. Should have done a system reset to start. Crashed and deleted base and redid everything. Works like it always did now. Haven't fooled with the schedule yet but sure it will work. Picked Armed and emails and push notifications started going off all over the house!lol You the man!!...or woman.lol Thanks to everyone who tried. Any idea what happened?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your post is a bit muddled but I think you're trying to get both cameras enabled.  The running men in the Cameras tab should be gray when Disarmed and black when Armed or any other mode that enables motion detection.

A mode named All Motion On is likely from before the update from the beginning of the year.  My strong recommendation for any mode from before the update is to note the settings and delete them.  If they won't delete from the app or browser, try the other - one may work (I had that happen).  Then create new modes and rules with any cameras you want - be sure to save at each stage where it's possible.

Activate either Armed or one of your new modes and check the Cameras tab - the running men should be black.  If all looks good, use the schedule to automate the process.

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I work shift work and adjust the motion almost every day so I'm fairly use to using the system. Sorry the post was a little confusing just trying to do a step by step to explain the problem. I tried to delete "All motion on" on the app and it gave me the fault "operation failed". On the computer Web page there is not an option to delete the mode "All motion on". A simple way to rephrase my original post is even withough " All motion on" highlighted/picked the running man is still gray not black and camera will not activate in the field. I also tried to create a new model for both cameras on at the same time and it will only let me pick one or the other camera. Not both at the same time.  I took some pics of the screens but I can not figure out how to post on this forum. When I pick the picture icon a pop up appears as it should but instead of asking for me to attach from a drive like most it ask for "source/image description/dimensions. Thanks for any help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You add additional camera rules to a mode by reediting the mode and add a new rule. Go slowly and make sure you're choosing the second camera as desired. Be sure to save as required.

As for being able to upload images, I just tried it and saw nothing like you're reporting. Are you using a mobile device or computer? What device/OS/browser? Have you tried another of any of those?

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went in a deleted my "motion on camera alpha" and "motion on camera beta". I now only have 3 modes. "Armed", "disarmed" and "schedule" left. Only "armed" and "schedule " have a pencil icon beside them. If I click the pencil beside "armed" on the computer it will bring up "edit mode" but it will not allow me to do anything. Makes no difference if "armed" is picked or not. Running man icon on the camera screen never changes from gray. If I click pencil icon on "schedule" it will let me adjust it. I can set it to have motion turned on for the time and date I am in but the running man is still gray and will not detect if I field test it by walk up to ether camera. On the app everything is the same EXCEPT "armed" has the delete button but when I push it I get message that it is not allowed. Before this problem started I had not added or deleted, changed or fooled with any mode including rules except to adjust the schedule or toggle between modes.
As to posting pics on the forum I don't see a way to on my smartphone but have tried on to different computers and just get a pop up box that says "edit/insert image" but no way to go to a drive or file like "my pictures".
Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant

20160410_073537.jpg20160410_073324.jpg20160410_073347.jpg100_0716.MP4_snapshot_04.10_[2016.03.14_22.19.42].jpg20160410_073419.jpg20160410_073513.jpgOk on my smartphone if I switch to desktop mode it will let me post pics. Hear are shots off computer with the motion should be on but it is not.

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I guess all the pics posted upside down but you get the idea. Correct boxes picked, motion set to activate every day for full 24 hours on both active modes and no running man. Also the box that pops up on computer when I tried to insert image.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried the insert picture on my computer - not at all like yours, just the typical upload selection window.  Try a different browser - it may be browser-specific.

As for the lack of black running man, try power-cycling the base first, resetting the cameras via the battery door may be useful, too.  Did that help get the proper display? Can you live view?  It may be that you will need to do a factory reset but first things first.

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll try resetting the camera's and power down the base when I get home. That's been the maddening thing about this whole ordeal is that I have never had trouble getting a live feed from either camera. Also if I make a mode with rules for motion on a single camera it works fine. The little running man Darkness and if I walked by the camera in the field it will detect my motion. And like I said if I try to make a mold using both cameras with rules it will not allow me to pick both cameras at the same time. So I know that the cameras in the base or interfacing with each other but I just cannot get both cameras to work with motion at the same time even though interface says that the fact that they are armed.
Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I just tried the following in this order. Unplugged the base and ether net, pulled the battery out of both cameras, waited 5 minutes, plugged the base up and connected the ether net, waited several minutes, installed the battery in both cameras. Didn't have to do anything as both cameras sync with base automatically. Absolutely no change.  Both cameras will give live feed but even showing all motion on no running man and no motion detected in the field. Checked it on my wife's phone app as well so on my phone, wife's phone, home computer, tablet, and work computer you can try and arm both cameras and even though it says they are armed under the mode setting no running man and no detection in the field.

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well didn't have time to do a whole system restore today after work but short of that any suggestions? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You said "all motion on" - is that the name of the mode you are trying?  If so, try using Armed since it's the new mode for such things.  Old modes (including All Motion On) created before the beginning of the year have been occasionally problematic and I recommend avoiding them.  When Armed is selected, do you get the black running man and working detection/recording/live view?

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are correct the mode is "armed" and that is the mode that is green doted now on 4 different devices and computers when I log in on each one. The running man is not high lighted, there is no actual motion detection in the field and I can get a live feed from both cameras.
Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant

20160413_114905.jpg20160413_114922.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's probably fastest to punt. Delete all devices in Settings. Use the reset button next to the power switch until the LEDs flash amber. Then start fresh, logging in and use the Add Device button on the cameras tab. You don't need to create a new account, just add your base and then cameras.

No idea why the running men would be gray when Armed is selected. Sounds like something got hosed.

Jlockhart29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got hosed...yep I understand that. Should have done a system reset to start. Crashed and deleted base and redid everything. Works like it always did now. Haven't fooled with the schedule yet but sure it will work. Picked Armed and emails and push notifications started going off all over the house!lol You the man!!...or woman.lol Thanks to everyone who tried. Any idea what happened?
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation