Camera Stop detecting

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
WATCHING_HOME
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been using the 4 camera system for less than 4 months now.  Received an status that the battery needed to be changed (went from 3/4 full to dead overnight).  Finally changed the batteries, now the motion detection has stopped functioning.  I have not changed any rules, and when I place the camera on a table and walk across the field of vision the motion LED's does not flash.  Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

WATCHING_HOME wrote:

Link for RMA is not working

https://my.netgear.com

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Sounds like you need to re sync the camera.

Sometimes after a battery change I have to, other times not.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WATCHING_HOME,

When triggering motion detection, no LEDs flash on the camera unless you are using motion detection test mode.

Check to see if this cameras motion detection is active on the cameras screen. If the running man indicator is black this means motion detection is active, gray means inactive.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble with this camera.

JamesC

WATCHING_HOME
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would say the camera is synced.  I can get a live view, just no motion.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And what are the running men showing? Black or gray?

WATCHING_HOME
Aspirant
Aspirant
the men are black. checked all the other cameras to match settings except for recording length and still no motion detected.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base using the power switch.  Maybe it got stupid.

WATCHING_HOME
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I've restarted the base station, resynced the camera, replaced the batteries again, still will not detect motion.  I can view live footage when I choose, though that doesn't help when someone approaches my house.  This last time I changed the batteries, the camera was making a clicking sound for about a minute.  Any last suggestions.

cameras running firmware 1.2.4941 now

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't recall a camera making clicking sounds for a minute after a battery change - maybe something within the first 5-10 seconds.  

You can try swapping the camera with another to see if the issue follows the camera or position but it sounds to me that the camera itself may be bad. In that case, you'll need to create a trouble ticket to resolve this. It's the only way to get an RMA.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

WATCHING_HOME wrote:

Ok, I've restarted the base station, resynced the camera, replaced the batteries again, still will not detect motion.  I can view live footage when I choose, though that doesn't help when someone approaches my house.  This last time I changed the batteries, the camera was making a clicking sound for about a minute.  Any last suggestions.

Clicking camera? I had one a few weeks back. Though it was constant after I turned on Night Vision mode and had it sense motion in low lighting that required it to record in Night Vision mode.

I diagnosed it to be the IR filter in front of the lens that was constantly moving back and forth and as a side effect running down the batteries within a day or two. When you hear the clicking sound and watch the lens closely you'll see the light reflections in the lens toggle between red and not red in synchrony with the clicking. Netgear replaced my camera.

I'd definitely submit a trouble ticket with Netgear, for instance at https://my.netgear.com

WATCHING_HOME
Aspirant
Aspirant

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

WATCHING_HOME wrote:

https://my.netgear.com

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies