Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Camera Pairing (either motion sensor activates both cameras)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zloney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if this has been suggested but here goes. 

I'd like to pair cameras together so that motion detection by one camera causes all cameras to begin recording.  Currently I have the same issue everyone else has, the camera doesnt kick in until something has been moving for a few seconds. 

My solution is this: If camera A, B, and C are paired together then motion detected by any one camera will cause all three cameras to start recording.  I currently have one camera up high and two down low.  I would like the high one to catch the movement and the lower ones to kick in so they are ready and watching as the person gets out of the car and walks up to the door.  

Alternatively, this would be very helpful for objects going around a corner.  I could catch the motion at one point and have the cameras ready and waiting when they round the corner and come into view. 

I dont see this as a complicated issue.  The signals are generated by the cameras.  you just need an API or interface to send the signal back to the base station and to the next camera.  Perhaps there is too much of a delay there ?    if so, maybe direct camera-to-camera signals ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zloney,

This can already be done with the Arlo Wire-Free cameras by using custom modes/rules.

For example if you have two cameras, you can set up a custom mode included the rules:

When motion is detected on Camera A, record on Camera A

When motion is detected on Camera A, record on Camera B

...and so forth for whatever combination of cameras you would like to trigger.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zloney,

This can already be done with the Arlo Wire-Free cameras by using custom modes/rules.

For example if you have two cameras, you can set up a custom mode included the rules:

When motion is detected on Camera A, record on Camera A

When motion is detected on Camera A, record on Camera B

...and so forth for whatever combination of cameras you would like to trigger.

JamesC

zloney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks!

I actually just figured this out today.  I didnt realize that you had to create a custom mode.  I kept trying to edit the existing modes without any luck.  Once i created a custom mode it let me add as many rules as I wanted, including the ones I was asking about.  

It still doesnt seem to be working perfectly, however.  

I have 4 rules:
If A, then A
If B, then B
If A, then B
If B, then A

I was expecting to get two recordings regardless of which one detects movement.  That occured once, but I have had multiple instances of a single camera recording.  Not exactly sure why that is happening.  Perhaps the signal is not making it back to the base station and to the other camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation