Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life not acurate in display with latest software

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scogadots
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just have a small problem and wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing it.  I have had my cameras for over a year but since upgrading to the latest App version on my Android phone and iPad, everytime I open the App, the battery life indicator shows that the batteries are dead for about 5 seconds than shows actual remaining life.  The problem is that I have since have 2 cameras go offline becasue the batteries were dead but the indicator showed full life just hours earlier.

I agree with another post read, I wish it showed the battery percentage on the App.  

Thanks in advanced.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, the battery indicator shows nearly empty until the display is fully initialized.  WiFi signal shows blank, too.  You just need to wait until the various cameras have been interrogated so the display is updated.  You can see the percentages for both in Settings, My Devices, your cameras.

scogadots
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is that I have since have 2 cameras go offline becasue the batteries were dead but the indicator showed full life just hours earlier.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That does seem to occur on occasion.  Hopefully the dead batteries will have caused the camera to reset (like opening and closing the battery door) so proper monitoring will resume.  You might also want to restart the base since it would seem to be a firmware issue someplace which a restart could clear out.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation