Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline using windows 10 desktop browsers

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Blaznee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My desktop has rececntly received the Windows 10 annaversay upgrade and since then I can no longer logon to the base station.

I can logon to the web site but the base station is always offline. I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome all with the same result.

I have no problem logging in from my Android devices.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, if so any thoughts on fixing it?

Blaznee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I have a fully updated W10 install on my laptop and have no problem connecting to my system.  Since you can connect using the app, however, it sounds like something about your computer is having an issue.

What security software are you using?  BitDefender has known issues and others may, too.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You should put in a trouble ticket thru support re this problem....

that sw is a pretty new upgrade and since your Arlo is working on other devices it def seems Win 10 related....fastest way to resolve the problem.

Also , check flash settings as with some the default settings cause problems.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I have a fully updated W10 install on my laptop and have no problem connecting to my system.  Since you can connect using the app, however, it sounds like something about your computer is having an issue.

What security software are you using?  BitDefender has known issues and others may, too.

Blaznee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies.

I am using Bitdefender which was causing the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC - perhaps the basic configuration change for BD could be added to an FAQ?  It's the only software that's been reported as having issue - I don't think anything else has caused a problem that was due to a default setup such as BD.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Good idea, I will forward this request as this issue does seem to be most common with BitDefender users.

JamesC

kazattanilba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you tell me what you did with Bitdefender to correct the issue pleas

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have BD but if you just do a search here (big green bar above) for "bitdefender" you should find the answer.

kazattanilba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation