Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station - Restart button

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thumpersma
Apprentice
Apprentice

in v2 of the IOS app, there is a button under Settings --> My Devices -->Base Station labeled Restart. I understand from reading here in the forum that there is no way to Reboot or Restart the base station remotely. If that is true, just what does this Restart button do? I have not pressed it for fear of messing up an already delicate system. But I'm curious to know if pressing this button will, in fact, reboot the base station remotely. Thanks for all the helpful advice I've learned from the forum members. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes and No...  The "RESTART" button will reboot the base station remotely when I have tested it.  But some have stated that it was not 100%....and sometimes created more trouble than it was worth... ( others may comment ) .  As to why I don't know.

There is NO remote restart of the cameras....  The rare exception is is a camera has gone off recently due to inference , I have seen one come back ( tho most of the time cameras require phyiscal contact to bring back )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes and No...  The "RESTART" button will reboot the base station remotely when I have tested it.  But some have stated that it was not 100%....and sometimes created more trouble than it was worth... ( others may comment ) .  As to why I don't know.

There is NO remote restart of the cameras....  The rare exception is is a camera has gone off recently due to inference , I have seen one come back ( tho most of the time cameras require phyiscal contact to bring back )

Shawn10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Somewhat related to this, my app states the device is not connected and I can't see live views, however it is still successfully recording when motion is detected?
How can I get my live feeds back as I am currently OS and remote.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shawn10 wrote:
Somewhat related to this, my app states the device is not connected and I can't see live views, however it is still successfully recording when motion is detected?
How can I get my live feeds back as I am currently OS and remote.

If you are remote and it is recording... I ( IMO ) would leave it alone you are not remote and can deal personally with any issues that may happen.

If you are a brave soul, you can remotely reboot the base which MAY solve the problem.

Also, you could easily/safely reboot your phone in case thats the issue ( or remove/reinstall app )

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation