Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo web app, flashplayer update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
afeid
Star
Star

I installed a couple cams a few days ago. I'm planning on expanding (once I order some real camera

mounts to use instead of the low-quality ones included with the cameras). One issue I've noticed

is that I keep gettiing prompted to update my Adobe Flash every time I try to log on. I've been

sharing the details of these cameras with my friends because, despite some very basic issues with

the cameras and mounts, I think they're a good product and could become some of the best on

the market. I mentioned the issue with AFP to a friend of mine (who actually out-geeks me) and

he said it's common for sites to raise revenue by partnering with Adobe so that when users are

directed to upgrade Flash, and Adobe installs 2-4 extra apps (McAfee, MS stuff, etc), the

company which redirected gets a cut of profits. My friend may outgeek me in some areas, but

frankly I find it hard to believe that this practice is common, and that it's the cause of the flash

messages. At any rate, if others are having this issue, it would be nice to know. FF browser,

v 45.0.1,

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just try Chrome since FF is giving you trouble.... it's amazing that some just plain work with less headaches than other , but it varies on each computer

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
afeid
Star
Star

Good idea. I started using FF a long time ago when IE became bloated, guess it's time to switch.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

afeid wrote:

I mentioned the issue with AFP to a friend of mine (who actually out-geeks me) and

he said it's common for sites to raise revenue by partnering with Adobe so that when users are

directed to upgrade Flash, and Adobe installs 2-4 extra apps (McAfee, MS stuff, etc), the

company which redirected gets a cut of profits.

FWIW, any time you update Flash (or other Adobe products) you are presented with the option to deselect the "added value" additional software.  I have always done this to the point of even using the custom install option on some software to ensure that I only install what I want.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation