Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Vaz
Star
Star

To Arlo/Netgear

Not a happy customer. 

On the current Android update you have removed the ability to view the battery level and also managed to remove the alert for low battery in the settings. Why on earth would you do that?

How will I know when the battery level is low if it's not shown on the camera preview or not sending low battery level alerts?

You know this will cause security issues in the future and the thought of not being aware as to whether your camera is functional or not is a major concern. It is a battery operated camera for god sake!!!! please put it back!!

When you've finally come to your senses I'd like to know when you are going to rectify this problem and bring those necessary features back into play!!

"You should be going forward with this app not backwards".

To get rid of the battery level on a battery reliant camera is unforgivable.

Courtney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vaz
Star
Star
I am aware of the web version, unfortunately I can't carry around a PC in my pocket! But thanks for letting me know all the same. I look forward to the next update to fix it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ScottB
Initiate
Initiate

Agree this MUST come back. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear is already aware of this and stated it will be fixed ( battery indicator )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Vaz
Star
Star

Let's hope so, I'll believe it when I see it!!

I assume they will also reinstate the low battery alert from the last version, essential to the operation of a battery operated camera. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Vaz wrote:

I assume they will also reinstate the low battery alert from the last version, essential to the operation of a battery operated camera. 

Unknown as it's not in IOS or PC ( that I see yet ) it may now just be automatic and not an option

Morse is faster than texting!
Rugdoctor2021
Initiate
Initiate
How long will it take to update this issue to help us out?
mboucino12
Initiate
Initiate

if its not back on the app soon i'm returning the whole system and going wiered....trying to guess how much battery one has left leaves me open to unwanted acctivies to happen and i'll have no way of viewing it...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The battery indicator is still available on the web ui. We are aware of the missing battery indicator on the mobile app. We are working on a fix that will be provided in the next release which will be available in the very near future. 

JamesC

Vaz
Star
Star
I am aware of the web version, unfortunately I can't carry around a PC in my pocket! But thanks for letting me know all the same. I look forward to the next update to fix it.
propools
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are they bringing back the alert on your phone when the camera is activated by motion?

Traciyoshi
Tutor
Tutor
I have alerts on my phone when camera is activated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

propools wrote:

Are they bringing back the alert on your phone when the camera is activated by motion?

This usually means notifications are off.  Edit your modes (not schedule) to check and set them.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation