Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Cams, Geofencing, and Schedule not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Scrittore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exploring the many answers here, I'm still confused as to how Geofencing and Schedules work together. The clearest answer came from user "JDTWYO," who noted to another user on 2016-06-26 09:22 AM: "....You set it for Geofencing then set the home mode to Schedule. Then go into schedule mode and set it up the way you want." So I set mine up that way, which is exactly the way I want it, specifically:

1. If I leave home, Geofencing Mode (which is selected all the time) should kick in, as set here (more after the jump):

Arlo1.jpg

2. The Geofencing setup, as user JDTWYO recommended, is "Away Mode is Armed" and "Home Mode is [based on] Schedule:

Arlo2.jpg

3. And finally the Schedule I set for Home (Armed) is at night, when I'm here and asleep:

Arlo3.jpg

This way I don't have to remember to manually set Mode to Schedule when I leave the house, since Geofencing should take over recognizing that my iPhone has left the building.

Unfortunately, the system still records any movement while I'm still at home, even though the schedule (presumably) shows it as Disarmed—all the white space above between the green! I don't get it, and would appreciate any further guidance. It seems logical, and yet...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrittore,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again. Also be sure the app stays logged in and is running on your mobile device. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Geofencing is still a beta feature. More updates improving this feature will come in the future. 

We appreciate your feedback while this feature is being developed.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrittore,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again. Also be sure the app stays logged in and is running on your mobile device. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Geofencing is still a beta feature. More updates improving this feature will come in the future. 

We appreciate your feedback while this feature is being developed.

JamesC

Scrittore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, James, that definitely straightened things out. I've only tested the Disarmed [during the day] Schedule, but will report back here after (1) I leave the area to test Geofencing, and (2) verify the Armed [while sleeping] Mode works as well. Appreciate your feedback!

LPAN01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys,

I have the same (or very similar) problem.

My Geofencing mode change works 100%, but it only sets the mode based based on the time I entered or left the geofencing area and doesn't then subsequently change the mode later when my scheduled mode change should happen.

It's like the Geofencing option only changes the mode based on the geofencing activity and not the scheduled mode change as well.

For example I have my schedule set to disarmed mode during the day unless out of the geofencing area and always armed at night.  I came home yesterday early evening and the system correctly set the mode Scheduled/unarmed, but it didn't subsequently change the mode to ScheduledArmed at Night and stayed as Scheduled/Unaramed as set at the last Geofencing activity.

Great product though and even though it has this issue, I've still recommended Arlo to two people since installing it earlier this week.

Lee.

Scrittore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Lee,

Actually, just yesterday I called tech support to report the same thing before I posted an update here. The tech recommended I just not use the Geofencing setting for now, since it's still in beta and, while it works fine when I leave the area, all cams still record when I return, despite being Disarmed in the Schedule for the hours I set. This, of course, drains the batteries unnecessarily, which is why it's a priority for most users reporting the issue.

The Dev team is well aware of the issue and I'm confident they'll have it worked out soon. Meanwhile I have to manually set arming when I leave the area, and on return.

Hope that helps.

Gary

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation