Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alert Texts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mackey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - for the past week or so all motion alert texts to my and my husbans's cell phone states that I have a text from an unknown sender and does not even state the text is from arlo regarding a motion alert. How can I correct this? Thank You..

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something's wrong or you're describing the issue wrong.  The app never sends texts - only an app notification like email will.  There are also email notifications but then that's email.

If you feel that it's the app notifications, try reinstalling the app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to above...

For Android and IOS ( apple ) there are only PUSHES as alerts or EMAILS.

The only exception is if you set up the email slot with your phones number ( many cell providers allow this ) and then emails will come as SMS ( texts )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Mackey
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes.. i entered a cell phone number to alert whenever there is motion detected. The text used to indicate that the sender was Arlo and also let me know which camera the motion was detected on. No when I receive the text it states the sender is unknown and does not give me any other information.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mackey wrote:
yes.. i entered a cell phone number to alert whenever there is motion detected. The text used to indicate that the sender was Arlo and also let me know which camera the motion was detected on. No when I receive the text it states the sender is unknown and does not give me any other information.

Ok... thats makes a bit more sense .  

1) try and put the phone number in your phones contacts if it isn't there so it shows as a name

if NG

2) it may just be the cell provider has changed something and/or isn't sripping out all of the html charactors comming thru to the text messg.

Easy test is to add a second contact as a real email in your Arlo so it goes to the phone and verify that comes thru with proper header and info in the main area

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation