Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free does not record video when activated by motion.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

When someone (including myself) walks in front of my Arlo, I receive a Push alert on my phone, but no email notice (if it does come in, it comes in minutes after the push alert) and no video.  And yes, everything is setup correctly on my camera and under the mode settings.  Also, I have another Arlo that has none of these issues.  Everything works as advertised.  This started a couple of days ago and up to that point, the camera was working fine.  Also, this is a new, replacement camera for one that I previously had that started recording video with a red hue.

8 REPLIES 8
Ghostbuster
Star
Star

The motion detection on my cameras have recently gone awry, too. It detects the motion but the recording is delayed. So I get 20 seconds of nothing. The issue is really bad today. I know it's not the batteries, my camera position, sensitivity settings because it had been working fine. But since the new update my system has been experiencing various issues with new issues occurring daily. This is the latest and most egregious one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tlernst,

A fix for this was deployed for this last week. Please let me know if you are still seeing this behavior.

Ghostbuster,

Due to the cameras being battery powered, they sleep until a rule triggers them to wake up and record a motion detection event. This sometimes can result in a slight delay to allow the camera to wake up. For more information on how to make sure you are getting the best performance from your Arlo Wire-free camera take a look at this article: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

The cameras are recording okay, but the counter in the upper right corner of the screen for each camera on the "Camera" page only shows "0."  How long before we get a fix for this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tlernst,

Our engineers are working diligently on a resolution. I don't have any specifics currently, but we hope to have a resolution soon.

JamesC

dillander
Tutor
Tutor
I just replaced my batteries and my cameras are all not recording when motion activated. As discribed by the poster. All rules are in place. All cameras are linked to base. All cameras record manually. Push notifications received when motion detected. I have no recordings now and they worked perfectly for 10 months.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men in the Devices tab black or gray?  Maybe your chosen mode has been somehow reverted to Disarmed or the schedule needs to be reworked? Also, what mode are you trying to use?

dillander
Tutor
Tutor
They are black. I do not have a schedule. I just turn motion on. Didnt mess with rules because they worked for months just fine.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you say "motion on" is the name of the rule All Motion On?  If so, that can be the issue.  It's a carry-over from the older firmware that's proven to be problematic.  Hopefully, there's an Armed mode you can use - do so.  If it's not there, you have two options - 1) create your own mode with the settings from the current mode (basically duplicate it) or 2) reset the base, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh to get the current default modes.  Regardless of whether you do #1, you may end up resetting anyways to clear things up.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation