Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Web app login triggering recording???

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sdelmont
Follower
Follower

It might be the ultimate coincidence, but it has happened at least 5 times...

I log in to my arlo system on the web (https://arlo.netgear.com/) and a couple of minutes later I get an email notification that "Arlo has just detected motion". It's always from the same camera, and there is never any apparent motion.

It doesn't seem to happen every time I log in, and I don't remember it happening twice in a day.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't get it from the PC, but do see it once in a while when ARMING via my android phone...

I put it down to maybe the camera sort of waking up and seeing light levels change ( ir levels )

Only happens in one location by large amounts of glass in room

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

Don't get it from the PC, but do see it once in a while when ARMING via my android phone...

I put it down to maybe the camera sort of waking up and seeing light levels change ( ir levels )

Only happens in one location by large amounts of glass in room

It seems to be even more of a problem lately. Just about every time android app is open, one or more cameras trigger recordings. It's become a very steady (and annoying) issue, sometimes I purposely avoid opening the app to check on things at home.

Is it possible that something like this is unfixable??? With all the software updates constantly released you'd think it would've been resolved by now.

Thanks.

Paul

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation