Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tony2017
Follower
Follower

In regards to geofencing and scheduling I would like to know the following:

If I have geofencing enabled along with a schedule to record when sleeping and not to record when home then I assume that if someone is brave enough to enter your premiseis while your home during the "do not record" timeframe, there is no possibilty that individual will get his/her mugshot recorded? 

Real situation: My sister in law was on her weekend off cleaning her house during the day and the next door neighboor walked right on in without knocking or making himself known. Although no harm was done and there was a misunderstanding the above camera settings would not record if an intruder decided to gain entry while you were home and doors were unsecured. Am I correct?

I assume if this is true then the best thing to do is just keep motion on and get the continuous alerts? Is there a better alternative? Have you figured out a way to remedy this? Guess I want my cake and eat it to. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Easy answer - keep the doors locked. Hard answer - perhaps GF isn't the best solution in this case. I haven't tried it but perhaps disabling her phone's location services would be useful to still be able to have the phone handy.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tony2017 wrote:

I assume if this is true then the best thing to do is just keep motion on and get the continuous alerts? Is there a better alternative? Have you figured out a way to remedy this? Guess I want my cake and eat it to. 

Yes, as long as the cameras are plugged in to the AC, they could run all the time , you can turn off the alerts at times by making a custom mode ( just like the other with alerts, but disabled ) and run that on schedule when home or manually start it.

This would give you recordings without alerts

I do think the best ( and I believe it has been requested, you can check here; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange ) would be some sort of Panic Button that would trigger 5 cameras all to record at the same time.  A simple keyfob device would do the trick to reach the base... just like my home alarm system has several around the home.

But for now its a want your cake and eat it too.... give kudos to the feature when you find it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------