Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Phone alert not working anymore

Discussion stats
st7
Follower
Follower

Hi

I installed my Arlo Kit, two weeks into it now, and all of a sudden I stopped recieved alerts to my phone.

I am getting alerts sent to my email address but I will prefer alerts sent to my phone as it was doing before- much easier and quicker for me to view such motions.

It would be a big help if anyone on here can help!

29 REPLIES 29
sheikh_707707
Star
Star

I bought my setup two weeks ago as well. I think its the  Arlo phone update that is doing this to us.

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

I have searched the arlo website. It shows no way to change our notification to  our phone. I remember when I added the  arlo app.  I was wondering how and why it motions to my phone. On arlo website it asks for an email address for our alerts. We can add an email or take them off. Why not have this feature for cell phone numbers? i feel like the update messed up our phone alerts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your app to ensure notifications are enabled.  Then check your rules to make sure it's enabled for all of them.

asdckljasd
Initiate
Initiate

The same thing happened to me: 

- I used to receive alerts (notifications) on all of my iOS devices (phones and ipad) 

- Netgear updated their full application (as you all know)

- iOS notifications no longer work on ANY of our devices (and yes, notifications are turned on in Settings)

- email alerts still work as usual

I've tried one user's idea of logging out of the app and logging back in. No luck. 

Let's hope Netgear fixes this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning them on in Mode tab. Select your system and edit the Mode(s) of interest. Turn on notifications.

Nmlatham
Aspirant
Aspirant
Editing in mode is not working, does Arlo have any suggestions??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be more specific. App or browser? What happens? 

Citynz
Initiate
Initiate
I'm the same since the update no notifications to my phone anymore still get emails but not as effective as the push notification to my phone
sheikh_707707
Star
Star

u figured how to get the alerts back on the phone

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

I figured out how to get alerts back on phone everyone

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

i figured out how to turn alerts back to phone

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

So I figured out how to notify our phones again after the update. Step 1: Go to the website on your phone or laptop and click on mode wich is on the top of the interface homepage inbetween library and settings. Step 2: After doing step one , on step 2 you will be on a page that shows your station on the left with I.D. number next to it, also I.D. number right on top page. Below the I.D. number on top page of step 2 you will see a number of options to set your camera too. I originally had my set to scheduale mode. Only to my preferences. But after the update I couldnt get any notifictions to my phone. So I ended up clicking on "ARMED" . IF YOU SET YOUR CAMERAS ON ARMED WITH MOTION AND SOUND ON. THEN THE CAMERAS WILL BE ON 24/7 RECORDING  ONLY TO MOTION AND SOUND EVERYDAY ALL DAY THE CAMERAS WILL BE ON AND READY. ONCE YOU CLICK ON ARMED THERE IS A PENCIL NEXT TO IT TO EDIT YOUR CAMERA CONFIURATIONS. SO I SET ALL 5 CAMERAS TO MOTION RECORDING AND SOUND RECORDING, AND PUSH NOTIFICATION CHECKED ALONG WITH EMAIL NOTIFICATION CHECKED. ONCE YOU DO ALL OF THIS PUSH SAVE AT THEND OF ALL CAMERAS YOU HAVE THEN. TURN OFF YOUR STATION, UNPLUG YOUR MODEM AND ROUTER FOR 1MIN. THEN PLUG YOUR MODEM AND ROUTER BACK IN WAIT UNTIL THE LIGHTS ARE ON THEN TURN YOUR ARLO STATION ON . WAIT UNTIL THE GREEN LIGHTS TURN ON, THEN ALL CAMERAS WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL, WALK OUTSIDE AND YOUR PHONE WILL BE NOTIFIED. IM HAPPY TO HAVE HELPED ALL U, SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

cryanhouse1
Aspirant
Aspirant
We need this alert feature back on our phones, this is rediculious nothing is bringing this back, have had 2 home invasion robberies in the last week in my neighborhood , i REALLY NEED THIS please arlo help!
JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

vwstu
Star
Star

I had the same issue when the new app was installed and your advice was perfect.All systems are now functioning and sending alerts. Thanks for the great info.

Kimwake
Aspirant
Aspirant
After update my daughter and I don't get pop up alerts or sounds,,,,, all iPhone settings are turned on, obviously it's a bug in their update, by now it should have been fixed????
Kimwake
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agree
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has everyone checked their modes to ensure notifications are enabled?  The switch from notifications being global to per-camera has the notifications disabled.  This has been asked and answered many times here.

nickwest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clearly this is not a simple "check notifications"!

"Push Notifications" were lost on my Iphone after the early January update. 

I tried switching notifications "off" and back "on" again, both on the Phone and in the Arlo configuration, neither worked.

The only way I found to get them working again was to create new "rules" and new "modes" and then edit my Schedule to include these new modes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been issues with old modes/rules that recreating your modes fixes.  Dunno why - just an observation.

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

LOOK AT MY POST AND IT WILL WORK

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

YOUR WELCOME

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

READ MY POST