Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Model VMS 3330 After upgrade to arlo for IOS alerts stop when making simple change

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GrenadaV
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there,

I am a newbie. I have a problem with the arlo wireless system, in that I went to change a setting in the alerts, to turn the sound off but leave the alert messageetc on.

When I did that, I got no alerts at all, nothing on the lock screen and no icon badge to see that therer had been alerts.

I turned sound back on and still nothing.

I am using Arlo 2.0.0 and ios 9.2 on iphone 6 plus

any help appreciated

Kind regards

Rossco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Push alerts are now per camera ( old was either on/off ) so check the settings for each camera.

After that, some of the apps be it IOS or android miss the alerts for unknown reasons... I do think it will settle out in a few weeks.

Or, use the emails to send sms to yr phone ( as I do )... check the setup for your provider. For me sms is eaier / quickr to handle over email... and work all the time.

see;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Push alerts are now per camera ( old was either on/off ) so check the settings for each camera.

After that, some of the apps be it IOS or android miss the alerts for unknown reasons... I do think it will settle out in a few weeks.

Or, use the emails to send sms to yr phone ( as I do )... check the setup for your provider. For me sms is eaier / quickr to handle over email... and work all the time.

see;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

Morse is faster than texting!
GrenadaV
Tutor
Tutor

Hi tomMac,

Thanks for the info, worked a treat. Plus as a last resort, deleting and reinstalling the IOS app works too.

Cheers

Rossco

STARRTYME
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have to say that Arlo 2.01 seems to be a much better app 2.0 was a nightmare thank you guys for listening I would suggest a trade in program for the new models that come out you need to add a sound as an option and give us faithful customers a good trade in on the old model cameras as always Netgear leads the way for 1st generation technology I am more than pleased thank you guys for making me feel somewhat safe at a reasonable cost
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation