Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GrenadaV
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there,

I am a newbie. I have a problem with the arlo wireless system, in that I went to change a setting in the alerts, to turn the sound off but leave the alert messageetc on.

When I did that, I got no alerts at all, nothing on the lock screen and no icon badge to see that therer had been alerts.

I turned sound back on and still nothing.

I am using Arlo 2.0.0 and ios 9.2 on iphone 6 plus

any help appreciated

Kind regards

Rossco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Push alerts are now per camera ( old was either on/off ) so check the settings for each camera.

After that, some of the apps be it IOS or android miss the alerts for unknown reasons... I do think it will settle out in a few weeks.

Or, use the emails to send sms to yr phone ( as I do )... check the setup for your provider. For me sms is eaier / quickr to handle over email... and work all the time.

see;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Push alerts are now per camera ( old was either on/off ) so check the settings for each camera.

After that, some of the apps be it IOS or android miss the alerts for unknown reasons... I do think it will settle out in a few weeks.

Or, use the emails to send sms to yr phone ( as I do )... check the setup for your provider. For me sms is eaier / quickr to handle over email... and work all the time.

see;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

Morse is faster than texting!
GrenadaV
Tutor
Tutor

Hi tomMac,

Thanks for the info, worked a treat. Plus as a last resort, deleting and reinstalling the IOS app works too.

Cheers

Rossco

STARRTYME
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have to say that Arlo 2.01 seems to be a much better app 2.0 was a nightmare thank you guys for listening I would suggest a trade in program for the new models that come out you need to add a sound as an option and give us faithful customers a good trade in on the old model cameras as always Netgear leads the way for 1st generation technology I am more than pleased thank you guys for making me feel somewhat safe at a reasonable cost
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation