Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo App allow support for Multiple Base Stations from different loctions on the "basic" free account.

Example:  I have an arlo 4 camera at home and hooked into the iphone arlo app - all works great.

Now I decide to add a base station to my Office at work Say 2 Camera.  

Will the arlo app allow me to see all 6 cameras from different Physical Locations when I log in from the phone app ? or does it prompt be for which base station I want to view when i log in... there is really nothing in the documentation or support on if that would work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

ArloUser wrote:

If I have TWO seperate basic "Free" accounts.  How would the iPhone app allow me to log in under the different users ?

You'd have to log out of the first completely, then log in to the second.  That's why I mention it would work, but be somewhat of a hassle.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the proper service, 2 base stations will be linked to one account AND can be in two different locations AND viewable.

As per your question though, NO... as the "basic" service allows only 1 base station. Under your request, you would have to run two separate accounts and the cams would be on separate accounts.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

The "proper" account Tom is referring to is called "Elite."  It's the only one that allows multiple (3) base stations on a single account.  However, the caveat would be that you'd be on the hook for $150 a year.

Tom offers a viable work-around by obtaining two base stations that (annoyingly) would then require two separate accounts/log-ins, but if you don't mind going to a separate log-in (kind of a hassle in my book) the price would be right:  Free. 

Six cameras huh?  You uh, protecting your grow operation or sumptin'?  haha kidding.  I have 4 cams myself now (all worthwhile) and would love a few more, but at this point I think I'm going to put the brakes on battery usage, y'know? 

ArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I have TWO seperate basic "Free" accounts.  How would the iPhone app allow me to log in under the different users ?

IE: One for my home and one for work.

Right now when you launch the iPhone app it just logs in automacally.. and there is no logout - or am I missing something ?

While it would be a pain having to login/out to each account it's a solution.  

Right now it does not look like you can have multiple arlo account logins on the iphone app - Please let me know... 

ArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thansk Tom... With the 2 seperate accounts will the iPhone app allow you to logout/in under different accounts I didnt see an option to do that ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ArloUser wrote:

Thansk Tom... With the 2 seperate accounts will the iPhone app allow you to logout/in under different accounts I didnt see an option to do that ?

well ... asuming that the app is the same as the Ipad app , I think you could.

There are two settings in the APP that would make a difference... 1) Auto log-in is a toggle on/off in settings  2) "remember my info" check box ( sign on screen ).

I would think if they were turned off, you would have to re-enter your email/pw each time ( so it would work for 2 accounts )** all educated guess of course,

But don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

ArloUser wrote:

You'd have to log out of the first completely, then log in to the second.  That's why I mention it would work, but be somewhat of a hassle.

ArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks For your help Tom...

I was missing the "Auto Login"  and Log Out option that where buried under the "Personal Information" under settings.

GuyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Follow on question as I am just about to install a 2nd location... I assume you would need two seperate accounts then if you want two locations with one app of free... Or you have to bite the bullet and purchase Elite ?... Just moving from Vuezone where I had two stations in the app and assume if I want the convenience I have to do the same ?.. Or can I view them both in the iPad app !.... Would be odd as the alerts must come from the registration so if you had two how would that work..

net eat net I am being dumb but see you can either use the app for free with two stations and limited storage or you have to move to the elite service... Which is it ?..... Thx... guy

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been users on here that say no problem running two free accounts... just that you need diff emails for each one to register two accounts

GuyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx, I kinda worked it through in my head and wifey likes to look at both stations so $$$-moaning ratio isnt worth being a cheap skate unfortunately 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GuyC,

Welcome to the community! Some users have found a solution to what you're trying to achieve by using the friend account feature. If you have two base stations and wish to view all cameras on each while utilizing the Basic Plan, you can friend those accounts and enable camera sharing between the two. This will allow both accounts to see the cameras associated with each base station. If this sounds like a solution that works for you and you need help setting it up, please ask!

JamesC

Syrtacis
Star
Star

(Excuse my english mistakes as it's not my first language)

This subject is definetly a key matter as many people might want to install a second base station for instance for their country residence.

Will i invest in a new device or not depends on the answer to that issue because either having to spend 150 box per year or to disconnect / resign and manage diffrent emails are not satifying

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Syrtacis,

Welcome to the community! In order to have 2 base stations assigned to a single account you must have the Elite Plan. If you wish to utilize the Basic Plan and have two accounts with one base station on each the Arlo app will allow access to both accounts, you just have to sign in to the one you want to view each time you want to view it. Some users have found using the friend feature as I have described in my earlier post a reasonable solution to view all cameras between the two accounts when they do not want to purchase the Elite Plan.

Let me know if this answers your question!

JamesC

Syrtacis
Star
Star

Tank you for your answer. Indeed, I noticed that the friend feature is a god way to deal with more than one station and a basic fare plan. I shall try it as soon as I get my second Arlo set.

Arlo is great but as we all said there are plenty of possible improvements so I wish you a good continuation on this exciting project

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Syrtacis,

You're very welcome! Once you have your second Arlo unit if you need any help setting up the friend feature please return to the community. We would be glad to assist!

JamesC

Bobright
Tutor
Tutor

Do you know if 2 base stations can be connected to the same wifi router (different Ethernet port) and in the same proximity so that I can operate 2 5-camera systems under 2 email accounts without any interference?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems plausible but I don't think anyone has tried it.  Worst case, maybe move one base 20' from the router with a long cable or an extender so the WiFi channels are separate.  I think you'd just have to try it and see what happens.

PhoOxnard
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, i brought 8 cameras (2 base stations) for my restaurant. I have purchased premier service level to connect 8 cameras to 1 station. But it could not let me watch all the cameras at 1 time (only 4 at a time) How could i watch all the cameras but still not pause others?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have this but I believe you'd need to use both base stations to do this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PhoOxnard wrote:
Hello, i brought 8 cameras (2 base stations) for my restaurant. I have purchased premier service level to connect 8 cameras to 1 station. But it could not let me watch all the cameras at 1 time (only 4 at a time) How could i watch all the cameras but still not pause others?

First ;   to use more than one base, you need the Elite service level. Elite allows 3 bases/15 cameras

Second;     The max viewing per base is now 5 cameras...if your running two bases you must split the cameras up between the two bases in order to view more than 5.

Prob a good idea to sync half your cameras to the second base ( can only be sync'ed to one base at a time ) in order to watch more

DianeMG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you help me set up the second account to view for free. I have one for my home just installed and one at the office
Mulan_Warrior77
Aspirant
Aspirant

R Lowe, 

But the price "free" is only for 90 days, correct?  Does Netgear/Arlo contact you after 90 days to start paying?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

DianeMG wrote:
Can you help me set up the second account to view for free. I have one for my home just installed and one at the office

Are they installed using the same account/email address?  If so, they should already show up in your account.  If they were set up using two different accounts, use one master account to go to Settings, Grant Access.  Send an invitation to the other email address used for the other system.  Be sure to select any/all cameras for that invitee to have access to and grant privileges as desired (note that that won't be the same as for the master account but is pretty close).  Once the invitation email is received and the steps in there are followed, log into your app/browser using the account info for the second system and all cameras will show.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mulan_Warrior77 wrote:

R Lowe, 

But the price "free" is only for 90 days, correct?  Does Netgear/Arlo contact you after 90 days to start paying?

Thank you.

Nope.  Free is forever with up to 5 cameras.  Recordings will stay in your library for 7 days.  On the 8th day, the oldest recordings will be deleted.  This keeps rolling so ou'll always have the last 7 days to view.  Download any videos you want to keep so they don't get deleted.