Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android App

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star
Total number of video captures does not show for each camera like the website url. Is this a known issue? I am using a Samsung S5.
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My app shows the number of videos although I haven't added them up to verify the number.  The number is displayed just above the snapshot on the right, not in the snapshot itself.

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

I wish I could say the same.  Here is what it looks like on my anroid app.

I am running version 2.0.1_11309.

Screenshot

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It shows 38 videos for the front door. The garage needs a live view or video to start it off. Is that what the problem is, the camera is supposed to be working but just the initial green screen is all that shows?

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

Yes it shows 38 vides for the front door.  There are also videos for the garage door but the green number link does not show for the garage door.

I just installed another camera on the back deck.  This also now has a green link with X number of videos.

For some reason the filter link will not show for the Garage door.

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

Also the # of videos per camera show up just fine on the desktop browser URL app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try 2 things:

1) log out and back in with the app? Does that do anything?

2) reinstall the app.

Not much else you can try. Make sure your phone itself is up to date and maybe a restart. It's a display thing to do with your app.

rmcfarlane
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. We have 3 cameras in our setup, covering our Front Door, Back Door and the Driveway. 

The system is working flawlessly, videos are recording as and when - and notifications (in night mode) also work flawlessly.

However, on my Android phone, I cannot see or playback any of the videos recorded from our 'Driveway' camera. I can see that X number of videos are available, but when I browse the library none are visible. If I filter to just 'Driveway' only, no videos are visible.

If I browse the library from another device, or the web, I can see every video - including the Driveway ones, no problem.

Why is the Android App so tempramental?

Edit: I will add, I have tried logging in & out, and reinstalling the app - nil fix yet. The app logic is flawed.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

It's a known issue. Netgear is aware of the problem. For the time being you'll have to rely on the browser interface or use the direct links in the notification emails.

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice
When you tap the notification that motion has been detected, the app opens, but the notification is not cleared from the notification bar on my galaxy s6 edge. On my Nexis 9 tablet it does clear.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimAltman,

I am also unable to replicate this issue on a Galaxy S4. Do you have any other notifications from other apps that do not clear on your S6?

JamesC

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

A new version wass pushed to my phone today and I am not seeing this any more.  Thanks.

rmcfarlane
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received the latest Android version this morning but I am still having the issue where videos from one camera are missing, but are visible via web/iOS interfaces. Very frustrating, my main device is Android...
SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star
I pushed the update and my issue still remains on my S5. It would also be nice to multi-select videos to delete like the web browser app.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation