Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Etymomel
Tutor
Tutor
Just got my Arlo system. Followed directions to a T. The base station is wired to my network and has 2 green lights. However, neither the iPad app nor the Android app will detect the base station, despite multiple times confirming that the iPad and Android devices are on the same network. We've tried rebooting evertything, reconnecting, resetting the base station. We also tried connecting via a computer on the same network, instead of an app. No luck. Suggestions? I haven't been able to find this kind of problem discussed here. thanks.
28 REPLIES 28
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). This is used to automatically allow network clients to connect to the router and, hence, the Internet.

Ddoban
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, so after hours of trying different things......problems were more than one. First, computer was able to discover the base station. But, I wasn't able to get the software to recognize the cameras even though the syncing process seemed good. Oh, and one important thing - when they tell you to press the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds, many times it doesn't work. I discovered that if you just press for half a tic, then it'll work just fine. After all this, I had only the base station showing up in the software, and then later it said "offline", even though the lights were on........

So I decided to do a hard reset of everything - base station, and opening up all the cameras to reset them. I thought I'd do the whole installation with my iphone. But the iphone refused to discover the base station. Yikes! So, this is what I did after resetting and removing the device from the software. I opened up the computer program and let it discover the base station, which it did just fine. I then logged out of the computer, went into the iphone app, and added the cameras through the iphone app. Everything works now!

I hope that this helps anybody that might be experiencing the same problems I had.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ddoban wrote:

Okay, so after hours of trying different things......problems were more than one. First, computer was able to discover the base station. But, I wasn't able to get the software to recognize the cameras even though the syncing process seemed good. Oh, and one important thing - when they tell you to press the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds, many times it doesn't work. I discovered that if you just press for half a tic, then it'll work just fine. .

Yup. I take it you're referring to the printed manual? Unfotunately, the printed manual is hopelessly outdated and Netgear never bothered to update it, most likely because they change the UI so often.

So, the long press on the sync button on the side of the base station was once correct, but that is no longer the case.

Ddoban wrote:

So I decided to do a hard reset of everything - base station, and opening up all the cameras to reset them. I thought I'd do the whole installation with my iphone. But the iphone refused to discover the base station. Yikes! So, this is what I did after resetting and removing the device from the software. I opened up the computer program and let it discover the base station, which it did just fine. I then logged out of the computer, went into the iphone app, and added the cameras through the iphone app. Everything works now!

There have been problems reported with the iOS app recently. It seems the camera status is not being reflected properly, so I'm surprised you managed to complete your setup with the iOS app.

heresjohnny
Aspirant
Aspirant