Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Etymomel
Tutor
Tutor
Just got my Arlo system. Followed directions to a T. The base station is wired to my network and has 2 green lights. However, neither the iPad app nor the Android app will detect the base station, despite multiple times confirming that the iPad and Android devices are on the same network. We've tried rebooting evertything, reconnecting, resetting the base station. We also tried connecting via a computer on the same network, instead of an app. No luck. Suggestions? I haven't been able to find this kind of problem discussed here. thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Etymomel
Tutor
Tutor
We continued playing with it after I posted and made a change to the DHCP settings and were suddenly able to detect the base station. Up and running now. Might want to note that just because the internet connection light is green doesn't mean you won't need to tweak router settings.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Etymomel
Tutor
Tutor
We continued playing with it after I posted and made a change to the DHCP settings and were suddenly able to detect the base station. Up and running now. Might want to note that just because the internet connection light is green doesn't mean you won't need to tweak router settings.
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Etymomel wrote:

Very glad to hear you got it working Etymomel!

Could you detail what changes you made to the DHCP settings? This may help others who find themselves in the same situation you did... Thank you.

Etymomel
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. The router mode of the Apple Airport Extreme router was OFF(BRIDGE) and we changed it to DHCP & NAT. I hope this is helpful to someone.

Cheers.
yg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My base station is not connecting to the APPS and I am unable to see footage.

yg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need support to reconnect my base station to the cameras asap.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi yg,

Ensure that the base station is connected wired to your network with internet access. For more information and troubleshooting, kindly check this article.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

cktse414
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the same thing, but still not able to detect the device from the App on my iPhone which is connected via the same Airport Extreme.  Are there other settings?

ValleNorte
Guide
Guide

Try using a laptop connected with an RJ45 cable direct to your home router rather than through the ios app. I did this and it all worked fine. At the beginning I couldn't get my iphone to 'see' the netgear router at all. Good luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, either an Ethernet cable or WiFi will work to set up the base station and account as lo g as everything is on the same network/router. Cell service won't work.

cktse414
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works beautifully now!  Thanks.

HarrySten
Initiate
Initiate

This is what i did and it worked perfect!
I only tested this on iphone and ipad. I had no PC or MAC at home.

When i tried with only the arlo app it didn´t work.
Could not find base station at all.

This is what i did when the arlo app didn´t detect my base station at first setup.
I downloaded "puffin browser" from app store.
Then i opened https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

From there everything was working instantly.

Why?

I have no clue but it works perfect!

maxxomus
Tutor
Tutor

Create an account where...for what ?
Thanks just struggling to see footage of camera's

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need an Arlo account associated with the base station to be able to see videos.  That should have been part of the original setup process.

maxxomus
Tutor
Tutor
It's OK now lads the app provided was incorrect,
I retract all posts made here I am now uo & running
Thanks
themaestro023
Guide
Guide

I had the exact same problem but solved it by logging into the system and registering via my desktop pc. Once I had done this my phone app was up and running once I'd logged in. You cannot log in to the system from both at the same time, but it logs you out automatically from the one you are not using so there are no conflicts. I think this system is perfect.

maxxomus
Tutor
Tutor
My problem was nothing on my behalf but the given app was signed,
I had to download the unsigned version of Arlo to create an account then able to login and see footage,
But I sorted this last week
biddy79uk
Guide
Guide

Has anybody got the ARLO app please my phones auto updated all apps now i cant login to my arlo camera app on my phonee
Thanks You

themaestro023
Guide
Guide

You can find the app at Google Play or the Apple Store depending on which type of phone you are using.

biddy79uk
Guide
Guide

Thats where i downloaded it from but its not letting me sign in again
Keep saying email not recognised
This happened before when tthe Arlo camera's 1st came out and i had to use a unsigned version of the app but cant find it abywhere

themaestro023
Guide
Guide

Try logging into your account via a laptop or pc to make sure you can actually get into your account and see footage. My signed app updated a few days ago (android) and works fine, that could be where your problem lies. Have you tried uninstaling the unsigned app and installing a signed one, that might be where the block comes from? Maybe the update has shut you out.

biddy79uk
Guide
Guide

Iv already uninstalled the app and cleared cache & data
I can log in my account fine on Laptop always have done,
Like i say i had this problem when they 1st came out and seem to be having it again for some reason
P.S  i'm quite tech savvy too so all troubleshooting has been done already
Thanks for reply

themaestro023
Guide
Guide

It may be a worth a shot to try to install the app onto a friends' phone and try logging in from there. If it works, then you will know the problem lies with your phone. At least this will narrow down the problem area. I'm tech savvy too and am only trying to suggest solutions. If one works then it may help others.

burakuysaler
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue, tried everything. Then by going into http://arlo.com/login and setting up via Windows Internet Explorer I could manage to setup my system instantly. Then just logged in from my phone and everything is fine then. I hope that helps ...

Ilana420
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the DHPC