Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jsmoon
Follower
Follower

How do I adjust the zoom in the new iPad app?

16 REPLIES 16
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It appears that pan and zoom is another victim of the recent app update.  I just tried it on my iPhone app and iPad app.  

Cruss20
Guide
Guide

Yeah I can't find where I can take a new screenshot for the pan and zoom. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

C ouple of things:

1) If the pan and zoom view is blank/loading there's nothing to do to force it.

2) Once you have a view, there's a cmaera icon at the top right of the existing snapshot to take a new snap.

3) From what I've seen the view automatically updates on its own.

JCBMJB
Star
Star
Pan and zoom used to work until the recent software "upgrades" now it doesn't. What is the problem, Arlo Netgear?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JCBMJB,

What issue are you experiencing when trying to use the pan and zoom feature? What device are you using? I am not having any issues testing the pan and zoom feature on ios/android or the web client.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had issues with the browser this morning but now its OK. Maybe just a timing issue or network bandwidth?

JCBMJB
Star
Star
I am using an iPhone or iPad. Haven't figured out how to access on my Mac yet. I get to the pan and zoom but there is no camera icon or anything else to crop the view. It worked before but not since the recent upgrade.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JCBMJB,

Pinch the desired location on the thumbnail to zoom in/out. After you have the level of zoom you want click the Save button to commit the changes.

JamesC

Cruss20
Guide
Guide
I had to get on a computer to see the camera icon
JCBMJB
Star
Star
Thanks. It worked for 3 of my 4 cameras. One is frozen in an old picture and won't show current location which is one of the reasons that I was confused. When I'm back in the area I guess I'll need to reboot that camera. Not sure what the problem is. The other cameras worked but I like the way the pan and zoom used to work with the green border. That's ok. Thank you for your help.

JCBMJB
JCBMJB
Star
Star
Then I guess my next question is how do I access on a computer? Specifically a Mac. Can't find anything like an icon to drag to desktop or any other access point.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://arlo.netgear.com

You use a browser from a computer.

dubrex
Tutor
Tutor
A couple of my cameras are also stuck on an old image when I try to adjust pan and zoom in the IOS app. It only works ok on new cameras for which I haven't used pan and zoom before.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dubrex,

Try opening and closing the battery compartment door on the affected camera to power cycle it. After the camera comes back online live stream the camera and check the thumbnail to see if it updates.

JamesC

dubrex
Tutor
Tutor
No luck with this unfortunately James, still stuck on the same old image after opening and closing the battery door and then live streaming the camera. Also deleted the camera from my system, power cycled it, added it back in and it's still got the same image. Any other ideas?
dubrex
Tutor
Tutor
Fixed by deleting the app off my phone and reinstalling it.
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation