Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Adding new camera-How to distinguish which camera when swetting a schedule in Mode tab

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I added another camera to my Arlo system today.  I got the camera synced with no problem.  I'm having problems setting a schedule so only the front porch camera comes on during the specified time period I set.  I may want the patio camera on a different schedule.  When I click on the Mode button it doesn't state on there anywhere what camera do you want this schedule to apply to.  Is there a place to select which camera you want that schedule to apply?

Thanks for your help,  I have had my Arlo system for a year now and love it!

Cindy Fleet

P.S. When I went into the Mode tab the only device that is showing up is the base station.  I did go into the Settings and chage the names for the cameras to Front Porch and Patio 1 to make it easier on me to distinguish the cameras.  Could that be the reason they are not showing up in the Mode tab under devices?  Should I have left the serial numbers there?

I think my biggest problem with Arlo is, it's not easy to understand the different settings.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When you click on the MODE TAB, then CLICK on the Arlo Base picture ( left ) and the modes show up on the right.

Name change doesn't effect anything but the name.

What you need to do is ADD a MODE.  You can run only one mode at a time !

So with 2 cameras, you may need 3 Modes

1) ARMED = All ON

2) Porch

3) Patio

With the above, you can then have on both cameras OR  one or the other as wanted

you then use the SCHEDULE to add the Mode based on which cameras you want ;  ALL, Porch, Patio, or none ( blank entry )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------