Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Having the luxury of Dropcams which record continuously and anything, I am gathering that Arlo will not record more than 120 seconds (2 minutes) after it detects motion.  Two questions:

1.  Is the two-minute limit the correct amount of time Arlo will auto-record; and

2.  In reality, is two minutes sufficient (to, e.g., identify somebody)?  Perhaps it is.

Opinions?

4 REPLIES 4
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, 2 minutes is the max, but if motion is still detected it all start another recording session.

For me 2 min is plenty. Most of mine are 20 to 30 seconds. I then get the alert so I can check the camera online. If you see something while streaming you can manually start recording without the 2 min limit.

Greg

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

That's stellar information Greg.  I didn't realize that after it records 120 seconds it may then record another session if motion is again detected.   Those features together then are quite adequate.  Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Dn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone tell me how to increase my motion record time from 10 to 30. 40 or 120 seconds
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a setting inside the rule. Go to Settings, then Rules.  Choose the rule you want to change and move the slider to whatever time you want between 10 and 120 seconds.  Save on the way out.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation