Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Jim4F
Tutor
Tutor

Many issues that we read in these forums, a primary source of support for Arlo products, seem related to new releases.  Why can't developers, testers, and product managers concentrate on regression testing all product configuration settings and feature operations before patches or new product releases?

New features matter very little when they break existing functionality of a securitry system.  It completely undermines my confidence in Netgear products, both Arlo and Orbi, and is driving me to competitive products rather than seeking resolutions from the community who seem equally frustrated by this poor implementation mindset.

Can a Netgear community forum moderator please comment?  I'm soon going to be a former Netgear customer with two HD and two Arlo Pro cameras, a base station, and Orbi mesh router.  These should not be the least reliable technology products in my home, but they are by a wide margin!

7 REPLIES 7
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fairly new user here and all I've had are frustrations. No notifications, fails to detect movement, no recordings...nothing,NASDA, zilch. Everything'sbeen reset and reset over and over and I get a couple of hours MAYBE and then the cloud is down again. I'm about to go out and get 2 or 3 other cameras from different companies. This is not security at all. I can't go back up north and leave myself vulnerable like this. I've posted in the Arlo Pro as have many others for the past 4-5days.
Jim4F
Tutor
Tutor

Please no lectures from community forum moderators. I just installed latest of three iOS releases in a week. All seem like Netgear is treating customers like beta testers. We are not volunteering to make your product behave like we expected at purchase. Fix the bugs and thoroughly regression test existing settings reverting and causing issues. 3 strikes and your products are about to be thrown out of my house. Really!

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello I am coming from the same place as you guys. These arlo pro base stations we have keep going offline usb doesn’t format the list goes on of problems. Offline 2 times already today. This all started after the last update. Tech support said they are unaware of an offline issue. We have never owned any electrical devices that have had this many problems. I am not even sure what part of the arlo device is actually reliably functional at all at this point.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everything is good now. Some other issues may have contributed. Electricity was out and cable may have been down (I was out of town) but even when they were back up I was still not receiving notifications. Hope it all continues to work.
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Here we are June 9th 2019 and Arlo is doing nothing to address this issue or acknowledge it even exists. At the very least if Arlo thinks that there is no problem then they should reach out to us to see why we are posting issue about the most un reliable device I believe i have ever owned at this point. We all have to sign up for an account to post here. Leads one to believe that they could contact some of us by e-mail if they don't want to discuss this major problem with their camera systems. 

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I meant to say: leads one to believe that they could contact some of us by e-mail if they don't want to answer or discuss on this community board resolutions about this major problem with thier camera system.

Martinihf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right, I rarely leave reviews and stuff, I’m one of those who buys something that seems good at the time then realises later it’s no good and then sits there bashing-me-gums about how bad it is, but never really do much about it.

However, I’m so enraged about this Arlo system I’ve got, sorry, not the hardware, that seemes ok really, it’s the App and support, or rather LACK OF SUPPORT and total apathy from Netgear 

any one who wants to add to what would appear to be a long list looking through the “community” please feel free.

ive had to start a thread because when you do try the “we value your opinions” bit, it won’t let you add a great deal, surprise surprise, can’t think why. 

Why won’t Netgear listen to their customers, keep up with other manufacturers, and mainly KEEP ON TOP OF THE APP!!!
For years, we, your customers, who have spent considerable sums on your Arlo product have been asking for simple additions to the app, ie, additional Schedules to make it a fully flexible system like Nest, Hive, and many many more out there, but no, you can’t/don’t/won’t, why not? Looking through the community I’m sure it would be widely appreciated, and also, why does everything eventually start to work without issues after a few weeks. After it’s been stable for a couple of months and everybody gets used to the system, and then, the whole system reverts back to a pile of duff cameras that stop recording, change their own settings, can not see when your allocated handsets are in the geofence area (saying that, it took two years before it could actually see one handset)........

I could go on and on but I, like most of the community give up,
Because you have a wireless system does not mean you can simply ignore all of your customers, the minute another brand comes out with a similar system I think there will be a mass exodus as a show of disgust.