Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nightstalk22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there my name is Kyle,

I've been trying to get these guys shut down for the past week. A scam company from India who claims to be Arlo support, you call the number and someone answers saying something about being Advsoft or something. If you manage to explain your problem to them they will say they need to connect to your computer using a remote connection software. I was too lazy to open my VM so I just kinda stalled for a while. Only If you ask them if they are Arlo support they so no, and tell you they can help with it but they are not Arlo support. Which is confusing, because 1, if you didnt hear the part where they said advsoft, you might just assume its Arlo support.

I've tried to get their SSL encryption taken down, I've tried to get their website taken down. The only thing I've manged to do take down their internet for a whlie. I've noticed these people have been impersonating other companies such as Dell and HP. I cant find any other place to report these guys for fraud so I'll post it here. Sorry if its aginst the fourm rules or something.

No where on the page does it explain anything about being a third party company.

Screenshot (84).png

Website in question: https://www.arlo-techsolution.com/

I do not own any Arlo devices, the only reason Im aware of this scam is because I actively look for tech support scammers and try and expose them. I really hope someone from Arlo reads this and can take action. There is NO DOUBT these people are trying to impersonate the real Arlo support

~Kyle

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey nightstalk22,

We appreciate you forwarding this information to us. You can email to reportscam@arlo.com to directly report any scams. Feel free to read this article regarding Arlo Support scams: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

nightstalk22
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the email you linked I get the message, The group reportscam only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.

Whenever I try and send an email.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for notifying us about the email address getting bounced back. I have informed our team regarding this. We'll be sure to update you when this has been fixed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for your patience regarding this. You should be able to send an email now. Let me know if you have any problems 🙂