Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

All my Base Stations and others I share appear to be going offline at times for brief periods on my iPhone Arlo app. This affects several different locations simultaneously.

I own several Arlo Technologies, formerly Netgear Arlo in the good old days, models of cameras and base stations and I share access to others to; these are dispersed at two remote locations (about 1000 miles apart).

Since the early January 2020 firmware 'fix', not only do my cameras exhibit crackling audio (like rustling leaves, or static from an old vinyl album playing) but I also encounter periods while accessing my Arlo App on my iPhone that I am greeted by "Offline" - no explanation from Arlo - have not wasted any time waiting to reach their usually useless 'Customer Service" who will likely ask me to travel back and forth the thousand miles to reset Base Stations, reload a battery, or other BS - all while logic would point to the problem originating elsewhere, likely with Arlo Technologies. See my iPhone screenshot below (Base Station names blocked out):

large.jpg

Soon after I composed the above message I noticed that at about 10:44 am Eastern Time I received an Arlo notification message on my iPhone. When I logged in I observed the same screen as above on the Mode menu of my Arlo App indicating "Offline" for each camera/base station at all three locations. When I logged out of the Arlo iPhone App, then logged in through an browser on my computer, all seemed OK. To me this points to consider this results from some interaction between Arlo app and the iPhone iOS?

And AS I WENT TO UPDATE MY ORIGINAL POST, SOME MODERATOR BURIED MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE UNDER THE OLD ARLO CAMERAS MENU. To help correct the errant moderator, I reposted the original incorporating my followup noets again, where more people are likely to be helped by my observations.

3 REPLIES 3
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

All my Base Stations and others I share appear to be going offline at times for  brief periods. This affects several different locations simultaneously.

I own several Arlo Technologies, formerly Netgear Arlo in the good old days, models of cameras and base stations and I share access to others to; these are dispersed at two remote locations (about 1000 miles apart).

Since the early January 2020 firmware 'fix', not only do my cameras exhibit crackling audio (like rustling leaves, or static from an old vinyl album playing) but I also encounter periods while accessing my Arlo App on my iPhone that I am greeted by "Offline" - no explanation from Arlo - have not wasted any time waiting to reach their usually useless 'Customer Service" who will likely ask me to travel back and forth the ethousand miles to reset Base Stations, reload a battery, or other BS - all while logic would point to the problem originating elsewhere with Arlo Technologies.

See my iPhone screenshot  below (Base Station names blocked out):

Arlo Base Stations OFFLINE.JPG

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

Just happened again, at about 10:44 am Eastern Time I received an Arlo notification message on my iPhone. When I logged in I observed the same screen as above on the Mode menu of my Arlo App indicating "Offline" for each camera/base station at all three locations.

Interesting other aspect about this, when I logged out of the Arlo iPhone App then logged in through an browser on my computer, all seemed OK. To me this points to consider this results from some interaction between Arlo app and the iPhone iOS?

And AS I WENT TO POST THIS SOME MODERATOR BURIED MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE UNDER THE OLD ARLO CAMERAS MENU. To help correct the errant moderator, I will repost the original and this followup again, where more people are likely to be helped by my observations.

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

A side note, about ten minutes or so after my iPhone Arlo app notified me  the Base Stations were showing offline, they came back up on the iPhone app. This has happened previously over the recent several days.

Again, while the iPhone app showed the Base Stations and cameras were offline, I was able to access them from a web browser on my personal computer.