Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

Does the Arlo camera come in any other colors besides white to match my decor? I'd like the camera to be more discrete to keep an eye on my house keeper.

7 REPLIES 7
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello Arlo Newbie,

Currently, the only available color option for the Arlo camera is white. We are looking into the possibility of offering "skins" that will come in various styles (such as camouflage) that would cover the outside of the Arlo camera much like a phone case covers your smart phone. Stayed tuned to Arlo.com for updates and new product announcements in the future.

Any time you have another great idea please visit Arlo Idea Exchange.

Cheers!

Arlo Team

Linda
Aspirant
Aspirant

or can the cameras be painted

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you mask off the front face entirely , prob no reason why you can't get paint the camera.  But I'd be careful that the plastic might be a bit 'slick' for paint to adhere well... meaning the paint may scratch off easily.

But I have wrapped my one camera in camo cloth while it was outside... sort of taped the cloth in place ( with duct tape of course ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

people asking for different colors on Arlo....

take a look at Camo stick-on called Thin-skin

http://fanapeel.com/thinskin-breathable-camo-wrap/

hb13
Guide
Guide

AWESOME IDEA! Having skins to easily apply to existing systems is a great idea!  Also prevents any specific color way from not selling well solely due to color.  I myself am looking for a sort of dark wood beam/espresso color to blen in to the wood they're attached to.

Will this idea also apply to mounting brackets? I hope so! That way you have the customizing options to coordinate with each individual camera's and mounting bracket's location.

that thinskin.com sight is strictly wilderness camo for hunter types.

DogMonster
Guide
Guide

Netgear will be selling silicone skins in the UK starting Nov 1st. Until they are offered in the US the ThinSkin camo wrap worked great for me.

I scanned the face of an Arlo camera and made a template to mask the metal on the face and serve as a guide to wrap the entire camera. Someone that paid attention in math can work up a whole camera template I suppose. If anyone wants my ArloFaceTemplate.png file let me know.

The video-secu mounts I use were very easy to camo-wrap. $15 and some exacto knife work completely eliminated the Arlo camera whiteness I loathed .

The Netgear skins are £20 for a 3-pack in Jolly Olde so 30 smackers or thereabouts here I assume. The black skins look awesome and will totally fit the bill for most people unhappy with the white housing. The multi-color 3-pack: 1 black, 1 green, and 1 "camo" skin are a bright green color. The bright green is a highly visible deterrent but the neon camo stumps me.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know that Netgear has come out with "skins" for the Arlo cam so this may be a moot point.

I needed a black camera now ( skins not avaiable ) so I decided to paint one.  I masked off the front ( used wide blue tape ) and spayed the camera with Krylon Fusion ( made for plastics too like playschool toys, etc) in satin.

Well a couple of light coats made a white camera black, the tape protected the front tho the chrome ring does show a bit from front. I can say the paint stuck well, no sanding and all functions as should. It now blends in much better with the black trim on house.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation