Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two homes to monitor

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Colleen
Star
Star
I have 2 homes. One cell phone. Can I monitor both homes if I purchase 2 Different Arlo units using one cell phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Colleen wrote:
I have 2 homes. One cell phone. Can I monitor both homes if I purchase 2 Different Arlo units using one cell phone?

You can run multiple bases from one account ( no limit ) to the camera limit of your service level ( cams =  5 for basic (free), 10 , then 15 ( both $ levels ).

So set them up , the two bases and associated cameras for each, then just move one with cams to the new location

( cam can only be linked to one base at a time )

Of course, the second location does need internet access for the base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Colleen wrote:

You can run multiple bases from one account ( no limit ) to the camera limit of your service level ( cams =  5 for basic (free), 10 , then 15 ( both $ levels ).

So set them up , the two bases and associated cameras for each, then just move one with cams to the new location

( cam can only be linked to one base at a time )

Of course, the second location does need internet access for the base.

Colleen
Star
Star
Thank you for your response. Just so I understand completely; If I purchase Two units with five cameras each, I can monitor each of my two homes with five cameras each on one cellphone? Free for both accounts?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but you'll need to use two different email addresses - one for each set of 5. Then you'll need to log out of the app or browser from one email address login so you can then see the other.  A bit cumbersome but doable. A workaround is to add yourself as a friend on one system (Grant Access in Settings). Give yourself admin privileges and just use that one account to see and manage both sets.

Colleen
Star
Star
Thanks much!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Colleen wrote:
Thank you for your response. Just so I understand completely; If I purchase Two units with five cameras each, I can monitor each of my two homes with five cameras each on one cellphone? Free for both accounts?

It was explain by J... but yes and no.

Yes if you open two accounts with different logins and password you can use 5 cameras with each base for free.

If you want to use more than 5 cameras ON ONE ACCOUNT, you must pay for the next level which supports 10 cameras ( which is $99 per year ).

BUT, there is NO LIMIT on the number of bases in any account... so if you stop at 5 cameras, you can have a base at each location under one free account and only one login/password.

lw3
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I monitor two seperate systems from one phone?  Each time I try to get app for second system on my iphone - I am sent to existing app/system.  How do i get

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To monitor two systems on one app without logging out of one and into the other, you need to share one system using Settings, Grant Access to the other email address.  That way, you log in with the main account on one system but will be able to see/monitor the second in the same screens. Note that you won't be able to change settings and maybe some other features of the shared access system since the sharing blocks those, even with admin access turned on.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation