Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System performed flawlessly!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

Hi all --

Just want to give a shout out and thanks to NetGear and to my new 3-camera Arlo system for its flawless performance during a recent 2-week vacation.

Back in December and in anticipation of this vacation, I'd ordered a 3-camera system from another company fully expecting it to ship by mid-March—it didn't (and was informed that won't be here until late May  😠 So in desperation a week before our trip, I researched other systems and found Arlo. It sounded good so I placed the order and it arrived within 2 days of our departure.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I experienced a "tired battery" on one of the cameras within a day of installing it which was easily resolved by re-syncing that camera to the base station. It reset showing a full battery. I tested it several times before we left and it functioned fine, but was curious how it'd perform while away.

The system performed beyond my expectations alerting me to movement (within 10 seconds) even while in another time zone such as deliveries and my neighbors picking up junk mail (to avoid the appearance of no one home) without detecting the 3 cats who wander about our back yard. Interfacing with the app was immediate and error-free and I freaked out my neighbor when I called within 20 seconds of seeing her on my porch to thank her for retrieving the junk mail —now she wants an Arlo system!

All in all, I'm very happy with the Arlo and will be buying a 4th camera to monitor another area on my property.

2 REPLIES 2
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Ruskinite wrote:

....and I freaked out my neighbor when I called within 20 seconds of seeing her on my porch to thank her for retrieving the junk mail —now she wants an Arlo system!

FUNNY!  I LOVE reading things like that (I did the same w/my neighbor on one of my Dropcams).   

Otherwise, a lot of folks come here to troubleshoot minor glitches or things they don't understand so I'm happy to see a positive post like yours.  There certainly IS a lot to like about these Arlo cameras, and I'm glad I got a 4-pack myself to just pop in strategic locations all around my house; they definitely give me plenty of peace-of-mind -- I really enjoy being my own (-home) nosy neighbor.  Cat Wink

vvhillo
Guide
Guide

I whish I could say the same. I only have trouble with it, cameras always offline then they come back again and then offline again. Not somethin I can trust. 

But I am happy that the system is flawless for someone 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation