Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Spacejamz
Star
Star

Is there any information available for the special offers that will be given to existing Vuezone users? 

70 REPLIES 70
coastalcarolina
Star
Star

**BUMP**

I, as well as relatives and friends that have the Vuezone system are also waiting for the special offers.

Netgear - Any updates on this?

previous Vuezone user, loving the Arlo.
5 Arlo cameras, 2 Foscam FI9826s
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Well, Arlo is available on Amazon for purchase yet we're not being offered a discount yet ?

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Existing Vue Zone customers will most likely be contacted by E-mail once they send out the offers. As far as an ETA It has not be announced yet  

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

David,

Please update us when you know as to when these will be sent out/ if you get any more info on the specials.

I'm sure Netgear has many Vuezone customers eagerly awaiting this.

I would have ordered an Arlo system already, but alas I am waiting for the specials...

markbento
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any more info on this ? i have the vuezone with 3 camaras on it will these also be able to be used with this system 350.00 is a big hit when vuezone was a lot less any idea how much of a cut in price we will be getting ?

thanks

Mark

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

markbento wrote:

Is there any more info on this ? i have the vuezone with 3 camaras on it will these also be able to be used with this system 350.00 is a big hit when vuezone was a lot less any idea how much of a cut in price we will be getting ?

thanks

Mark

So far there hasn’t been any more information released about existing Vuezone customers and or special offers. I will do my best to keep everyone updated about this matter. To answer your question about Vuezone cameras they are not compatible with the new Arlo system. Only Arlo cameras will work with the Arlo system.

Always happy to help

The Arlo Team

Spacejamz
Star
Star

I apologize if I sound a bit frustrated but this is a bit ridiculous that we haven't heard anything about a special offer yet...

I received an email from Netgear on November 7 thanking me for my loyalty and mentioning the special offers that we would receive in the near future to try the Arlo system.

That was nearly 3 months (80 days) ago...Why is it taking this long?  Are they just hoping that Vuezone users just bite bullet and pay full price??

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Spacejamz wrote:

I apologize if I sound a bit frustrated but this is a bit ridiculous that we haven't heard anything about a special offer yet...

I received an email from Netgear on November 7 thanking me for my loyalty and mentioning the special offers that we would receive in the near future to try the Arlo system.

That was nearly 3 months (80 days) ago...Why is it taking this long?  Are they just hoping that Vuezone users just bite bullet and pay full price??

I’m sorry to hear that you’re frustrated. NETGEAR is working hard on trying to provide the best offer possible to its Vue Zone customers. We are not expecting our Vue Zone customers to “bite the bullet” or to “forget about receiving a special offer.” NETGEAR is trying to provide the best option to it’s Vue Zone customers who wish to upgrade to Arlo. Sometimes these things can take time because of the details and plans that go into them. I will do my best to keep everyone informed about any release date of the special offer NETGEAR has planned. 

The Arlo Team

David 

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

With some of the issues I'm reading about it almost seems to me as if the current Arlo customers are beta testing it for us before they release the "special offer" to current VueZone customers. LoL

I'm holding out for the special offer though. Just getting annoyed that it's taking so long.

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I so feel the same way. For over a year I was paying to "beta test' vue zone. After all the Feedback they received from their loyal customers, , instead of fixing them, netgear went out and developed a new system. Not compatible. No discounts for current users.
If looks just like the Turbo Tax fiasco. It took a couple of months, but after over 3,000 emails and thousands of one start ratings on Amazon, they are now taking care of the loyal customers and providing them with a refund. Because they were not honest. And yesterday, Intuit CEO posted a note to all saying: "We screwed up".
Now I see users providing feedback about Arno on Amazon .for what? So Netgear can come up with Arno II. And also not make it compatible?
And even more interesting, if you go to Amazon now, you will see that many 'customers' received free cameras as part of a friends of netgear program. All working hard to provide positive reviews. All great reviews. So for great reviews, a free camera.. For loyalty, nothing.
Shame on you Netgear.
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting.

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
All, I received a message from Arlo. It looks like they are listening to their early adopters, now let's wait for some action.
I will post it here as soon as the notify me of their plan.
EckellCW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the same answer on special offers this evening.  Since I am new to the VueZone product (about 6 months), does anyone have a best guess on the timing of an Arlo special offer?  What is the feeling about Arlo 1.0 vs a future 2.0? Would it likely be a software or hardware upgrade?

Spacejamz
Star
Star

Dave, has there been any updates or news on when we might expect these special offers?

My Vuezone subscription ends next month so any good news would be appreciated.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

nothing yet, still waiting too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
The 'working hard' is sure taking a while. Are they really working hard or just hoping that we forget about it.
How long does it take to make a decision?
This is just unfair business practice. I think it's time to take our complaints to a more public forum. Maybe they will work 'harder'. Please reply to us in private, but don't forget to also reply to the hole community. Your answers should be public, like our questions.
This is very frustrating.
Spacejamz
Star
Star

I have given up and gotten a Swann 1080p system that will be professionally installed. It will cost alot more but at least it will provide all of the features I am looking for.  I won't have to worry about the delayed recording start anymore...

Good luck to everyone else!!!!

For you existing Vuezone users, make sure your account isn't set to auto renew.  Mine was and I am glad that I unchecked it...

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
Absolutely SpaceJamz. I actually just came to the same realization. Why am I here begging Netgear-Arlo-Vuezone ( I don't even know what to call them). We do have options out there now. Why would I be loyal to a company that cares less about their clients. Thanks for making a point. I don't know what I was thinking.
Here is the set up I will have as soon as I return from my vacation.
For outdoor, one ring.com in the front of the house and one in the back. That covers almost 360 degrees of the area. Plus it has sound, and two way communication. I can talk with the FedEx guy from Paris as he delivers my box in NY, see him, hear him, as soon as he walks into the doorway or rings the bell.
For the indoors (not as important if you have a product that works well outside, and it needs to be charged once a year via USB without false low battery alerts), I might get the canary.is. A real intelligent security system. And I will take with me at least 8 of their current customers, just as a matter of principle, since I'm the one who convinced them to get Vuezone.
I went to the ring.com Facebook page today, posted a comment, and in less than 10 minutes I had an answer. Posted on Facebook and sent to my email. Excellent customer support and I'm not even a customer yet.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to hear you both aren't happy....

I've had Vuezone from the start ( btw, orig it  was Avaak I believe) and tho there were some growing pains, it ended up working well for me. Even back then when Netgear took over, their customer service for me has always been great.

Arlo is the second gen , so to speak...  There have been great improvements since v1... and yes, some stumbling blocks along with the startup, but IMO, the tech response has been very good too. ( btw, can't think of any program that hasn't required updates now and then )

Many of the problems/complaints I see ( that can't be solved ) arrise from trying to make/change the product into soething it wasn't designed to be.

Arlo isn't a full time security system, tho a good addition to one. It wasn't meant to stream full time, nor have wires.

But it does shine within it's design, in that it's easily moved, takes good vids, waterproof,etc. For me it works just fine.

Hope you find a product that suits your needs.

Morse is faster than texting!
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

TomMac wrote:

Sorry to hear you both aren't happy....

I've had Vuezone from the start ( btw, orig it  was Avaak I believe) and tho there were some growing pains, it ended up working well for me. Even back then when Netgear took over, their customer service for me has always been great.

Arlo is the second gen , so to speak...  There have been great improvements since v1... and yes, some stumbling blocks along with the startup, but IMO, the tech response has been very good too. ( btw, can't think of any program that hasn't required updates now and then )

Many of the problems/complaints I see ( that can't be solved ) arrise from trying to make/change the product into soething it wasn't designed to be.

Arlo isn't a full time security system, tho a good addition to one. It wasn't meant to stream full time, nor have wires.

But it does shine within it's design, in that it's easily moved, takes good vids, waterproof,etc. For me it works just fine.

Hope you find a product that suits your needs.

Tom, well said and couldn't agree more. I couldn't be happier with Arlo and I have been impressed with the level of support here with the Netgear employees along with regular contributors such as yourself.

I have tried a bunch of cameras and had issues with all of them. One of them that I really liked (probably biggest name out there in wireless cameras) ended up having cloud fees for each camera you added, which I thought was crazy. Four cameras and $250 a year in cloud fees. Then I found out you would only gets motion alerts at 30 minute increments and there was no user way to adjust this. Pages of complaints about this on the support website have gone unanswered for over a year.

As you stated, knowing what your needs are is probably the most important aspect in purchasing a camera. Buying the camera that comes closest to suiting your needs is the best way to start. For me it's been the Arlo and I am extremely happy with the system.

Greg

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Well NetGear you just lost a customer here. This is a complete joke. I will take my money elsewhere.

mgiroux
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long are existing customers going to have to wait for a special offer??  You want us to believe we are important to you, however we are not getting any information on this. If we are so important to you, Please, Please show us....

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary

I think you missed the point of our messages. We are not saying Arno is a bad product. What we mean is the lack of response to teh current Vuezone users. Look how many emails were posted. And still no action from Netgear.

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

I received my special offer for Vuezone customers in an email yesterday.

The offer is a free camera with purchase of any Arlo system.

It expires at the end of this month.

Discussion stats