Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Special offers for existing Vuezone users

Discussion stats
Spacejamz
Star
Star

Is there any information available for the special offers that will be given to existing Vuezone users? 

70 REPLIES 70
mgiroux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone from Netgear or from Arlo confirm this is an offer being put out to existing Vuezone customers please???

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

That is the correct "offer" that I received. Too little too late NetGear. I don't even consider that an insentive to upgrade to Arlo. I would have upgraded if it was done sooner and was a discount on a kit, not an extra camera. Pft.

jm_brock
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been several months since I have seen any comments or updates on this subject. Can you please provide the most current information about special offers for existing users?

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

The offer has already been posted. It's a free camera after you purchase any kit.

Jazzy_james
Guide
Guide
I am an existing Vuezone user and have not been contacted of any Arlo offer. How can I get details on this offer?
Jazzy_james
Guide
Guide

I reached out to Netgear directly via Live Chat and received the following response:

James: I am an existing VueZone user. I heard there's an offer for us VueZone user. Is that true?
Ariel: Currently Arlo is working on the terms of the special offers for Vuezone customers who want to switch to Arlo. There is no update yet as to what the special promo is and when will it be released but we will keep you posted.
Ariel: For Arlo related topics and online support options such as email, and troubleshooting steps, please visit community.arlo.com and support.arlo.com.

So nothing yet so why the lies...?

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I received the special offer last week via email.
If I buy a system they will give me a free camera. With one condition. My current system account gets cancelled and I can't give it to anyone. So to make the story short: if I throw 400 dollars in the garbage, spend another 400 to buy the new system, they give me 150 dollar camera that I bet costs them 20. Is this a joke?
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
Here is the offer. Spend over 400. Throw 400 in the garbage and they give you a free camera. It took them 5 months to come up with this great idea.

NETGEAR Exclusive Offer - Switch to Arlo
View this email online.
To ensure you receive our emails, please add emarketing@netgear.com to your address book.

When you purchase an Arlo™ Camera kit we’ll send you a free add-on camera valued at $159.99

Hi xxxxxxx

Thank you for being a loyal VueZone® customer. Recently we introduced Arlo™, our newest family of Smart Home Security Solutions. To thank you for your continued support, we’d like to present you with an exclusive offer so you can easily switch to Arlo. (But if you don’t want to switch, don’t worry, we’ll continue to support your VueZone products and services). To take advantage of the offer, follow these steps:

Purchase one of the following Arlo HD Security Camera kits from one of these retailer: Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, Fry’s or Staples (VMS3130 – 1 Camera Kit, VMS3230 – 2 Camera Kit, VMS3330 – 3 Camera Kit , VMS3430 – 4 Camera Kit)
Completely fill out the rebate form found here (be sure to include your VueZone and Arlo serial numbers located on the bottom of base stations, entire original UPC label including part number from your new Arlo Kit, original receipt for your Arlo purchase, and this unique redemption code CF_VZREBATECODE
Mail in completed form to:
NETGEAR, Inc.
Offer #15-21508
PO Box 540009
El Paso, TX 88554-0009
Request must be postmarked within 7 days of promotional end date of April 30, 2015*
Upon receipt and processing of all the required documentation, we’ll send you an Arlo Add-On Camera (VMC3030), valued at $159.00
Once your Arlo Add-on Camera has been shipped, your VueZone Service will be disabled
For more details, terms and conditions regarding this offer, please reference the rebate form
Thank you again for being a loyal NETGEAR customer. To learn more about Arlo, visit our website – arlo.com. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the offer, please don’t hesitate to email us at Vuezonerebate@netgear.com

Sincerely,

The NETGEAR Team

*Offer valid to email recipient only until April 30 and may not be shared with or forwarded to others.

At any time, you may opt to change your preferences or unsubscribe
NETGEAR, Inc., 350 E. Plumeria Drive, San Jose, California, 95134.

NETGEAR and the NETGEAR logo and Arlo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holder(s). Information is subject to change without notice.

© 2015 NETGEAR, Inc. All rights reserved.
Jazzy_james
Guide
Guide

Thanks GadgetGuy!  That is a pathetic offer!  Sounds like Netgear really doesn't want to support Vuezone community anymore.

Sooner or later, I bet Netgear will cease and eliminate all Vuezone support.  It's just sad.  C'mon Netgear, just do free replacements for us Vuezone users and call it a day!

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

I received my Arlo special offer on April 1st.

My father who purchased and registered for Vuezone 1 month after me last year has yet to receive his offer.

He called Netgear and Arlo support Tuesday and Wend, and was on the phone with them for over an hour.

Nobody knows anything about the special offer and even asked him if he could send a screenshot of the email I received.

Arlo support,  what do you suggest for current Vuezone customers who have never received the special offer via email?

previous Vuezone user, loving the Arlo.
5 Arlo cameras, 2 Foscam FI9826s
edwindcloud
Aspirant
Aspirant

it's 4/26 and I too haven't received any special offer yet.  Based on the above information the offer will expire in 3 days.  This is just bad customer service to retail loyal customers.  I tried to renew the monthly subscription from vuezone today and actually the whole vuezone.com website is currently down.  So now what?

Ed

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

I lost my E-mail and have been trying to get someone to help me out. So far, no response to the E-mail's I've sent in.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Just to update, I did receive an E-mail with a copy of the rebate form and a new offer code. Sent it in the other day.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice
I never got an email with an offer. All I got was the original email back in November announcing I would be receiving a special offer.
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

That's okay. I got mine, sent in all my info and cut out my UPC from my box. NetGear claims they NEVER received it !

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

My father who owned Vuezone for almost a year before Arlo was released never did receive the special offer, and I did.

He has been emailing and talking with Netgear on the phone constantly since the FIRST OF ARPIL trying to get the free camera offer and they have been absolutley clueless and worthless.  They told him to buy the Arlo system in the month of April (which he did) and then everything else would work out.

They keep sending him all of these support/case # emails saying they're going to close his case and he emails them back asking why they would close the case when nothing has been solved!  Then they have to email him and apologize because "this is not something people should expect of netgear support" and THE CYCLE OF EMAILS GOES AROUND AND AROUND.

Netgear has REALLY DROPPED THE BALL on this special offer and most Arlo/Vuezone support reps have absolutely no idea it even exists.  The only person that has been helpful is a support rep that has reached out from this Arlo forum, all other Netgear/Arlo/Vuezone customer service reps are clueless on this.  He has this case # that has existed saying he never received the special offer, but whether he actually gets the free camera after this mess we have no idea. 

previous Vuezone user, loving the Arlo.
5 Arlo cameras, 2 Foscam FI9826s
Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

You have to wonder how a company such as Netgear can survive with their downright horrific tech support and customer support.  Wehn I first got my VueZone I had issues and NO ONE from their tech support was able to resolve them.  I finally figured it out on my own.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see support hasnt changed one bit.  Talked to Netgear and then got transferred to VueZone support and neither one has any clue about a special offer for VueZone customers.  3 people that I have talked to so far and all 3 promised to add me to their email list.  Well apparently I am already on it or I wouldnt have gotten the email back in November promising me a special offer for being such a valued and loyal VueZone customer.  More like stupid customer. LOL.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

I was just informed NetGear has placed this rebate on hold and NO ONE at this point is reciving anything and rebates not NOT being processed/updated.

At this point I'm very tempted to notify the BBB to see if they can get something done.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Here you have it guys... A bunch of BS, no ?!

Thank you for providing the rebate offer number. This promotion is on "hold". This means that our client NetGear has not opened this promotion so that once the rebate submissions are received in the mail the records can be created and processed.

I am not able to determine the reason for this, it is likely because they are updating the promotion. If so, then once it is ready to be applied for your record will be created and processed and you will be able to track the status online at www.rebateshq.com.

For more information on this promotion please contact NetGear customer service at 888-638-4327.

As I mentioned in a previous email we were not able to open any attachments you may have sent to us. They need to be sent as pdf or jpg attachments.

I have been happy to assist you, enjoy  your day.

Margaret

Rebates Customer Service

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

After all my complaining I finally got someone to take all my info and I now have a tracking number for my rebate.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got a reply from Netgear...

At this time, we are not offering any incentives. Management is currently working on an offer program although no details have been provided to us as of yet.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

The deadline for the rebate has past so that's likely the response anyone would receive at this point unless you have the promotion number from the E-mail.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice
It would have been nice to have been notified of the original offer as they stated back in November that they would.
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

I don't disagree with you one bit. I did receive the original E-mail, and accidentally lost it when changing E-mail addresses. Took me a couple weeks before I finally got someone to E-mail me the rebate form and promo code so I could submit my rebate.

Discussion stats