Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I am still confused as to what is the best rechargeable battery option for the Arlo Netgear cameras I purchased. Can someone tell me where and where to purchase both the batteries and the charger to charge them.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swagger444,

There are many threads where users discuss this such as: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

NETGEAR does not encourage the use of rechargeable batteries. Take a look at this article outlining how to handle and what batteries are suggested: Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swagger444 wrote:

Hi - I am still confused as to what is the best rechargeable battery option for the Arlo Netgear cameras I purchased. Can someone tell me where and where to purchase both the batteries and the charger to charge them.

Thanks

Read thru the posts listed by JamesC

But a couple thing to remember if going to use rechargeables;

1) the usage time runs from 35 to 55+ days depending on battery with average use so you have to change them more often ( compared to an avg of about 4 months with the OEM primary cells )

2) buy 3.7v li-ion cells from a WELL KNOWN NAME/COMPANY as there are many china cells badly labeled

3) the highest rated cells in the above will be at about 750 mahr ( anything stated as higher is BS )

4) only use a charger that is rated for the cells you buy.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a reason you don't recommend rechargeable batteries?

Kathy

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks like the main reason is safety ( and possibly the lawyers involvement ), there was one camera melt down/almost fire from one user here.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: poor quality or mishandled batteries can damage your cameras, cause a fire or result in personal injury! NETGEAR will not be responsible for any failure to follow these battery usage guidelines or the Battery Warnings and Safety document!

Official Netgear Notice explains below;

http://www.netgear.com/images/pdf/Arlo_battery_flyer.pdf

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation