Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q optional CVR plan pricing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kayem
Follower
Follower

What will the pricing be for Arlo Q's optional CVR plan?

3 REPLIES 3
Terranops
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've looked several times around Netgears website and other retailers that are accepting pre-orders and haven't found anything. Hopefully they release the pricing soon. I would have a hard time pre-ordering something when I don't know the full cost of ownership
arlocurious
Tutor
Tutor

This article

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3005265/security-cameras/netgear-adds-an-indoor-model-to-its-arlo-hom...

says

• In addition to the free cloud storage, Netgear will also offer two sets of paid service plans, one for video clip storage and a second for continuous video recording.
  • Netgear’s Premier service plan stores up to 10GB of video clips from up to 10 Arlo cameras in the cloud for up to 30 days at a cost of $10 per month or $100 per year when paid annually. Netgear’s Elite plan expands that to 60 days of storage (up to 100GB of clips) from a maximum of 15 cameras for $15 per month or $149 per year when paid annually.
  • Netgear’s continuous video recording plan (the type of service that Nest Labs’ Nest Camprovides for $10 per month) costs $10 per month for up to 14 days of storage, with each additional camera adding 50 percent to that subscription fee ($15 per month for continuous recording from two cameras, $20 per month for three, and so on).

ash31
Guide
Guide

I'm not keen on the continuous streaming idea because, just like a well-known competitor's ***cam product, it can swamp your Internet connection and slow down other streaming services such as Netflix. I would much prefer Arlo to offer a local storage option that you can access remotely.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation